Yogi Tea - Really confused please help

Mulata

Have just had to edit this post as half the text went away.

I have read on here that Yogi teas have stevia in them according to their website. I did however purchase some yesterday as both on the box and the website (EU one as I live in the UK) it lists all the ingredients but no stevia is mentioned. I have then started questioning myself and have looked at the US site but the boxes for the teas look different and so does the ingredient list. So would I be safe in assuming they use a different formulation in the UK to the US? Or am I just fooling myself in thinking that these would be compliant? How much due diligence should one do as if the web and the box agree with each other can I take that as confirmation that they're ok?

Here are the listed ingredients:

Black Chai - black tea*, ginger*, cinnamon*, anise*, rooibush*, roasted chicory*, black pepper*, cloves*, cinnamon extract (natural flavour), ginger oil*,

Choco -cocoa shells*, liquorice*, cinnamon*, carob*, barley malt*, cardamom*, ginger*, cloves*, cinnamon extract (natural flavour),vanilla extract*, black pepper*, ginger oil*, vanilla beans*,

I am aware I may be totally over thinking this.

Don't worry...we all overthink at times. :) In this case, I think you are just being careful.

The chai looks fine (and delish). The cocoa, I see vanilla extract which almost always has alcohol in it but maybe that one doesn't since it doesn't list it. Yhe other question is barley malt. Sounds like a grain ingredient, but off to google to see exactly what it is. Stay tuned.

I think you'll be absolutely fine with the Black Chai. Unfortunately the other one contains Barley Malt which rules it out sorry. If it doesn't mention Stevia, then it doesn't contain it. I've noticed some things do tend to be different between the US and here.

Not sure if you guys can get it in the UK, but I ordered Numi Organic Chocolate Puerh. Absolutely delicious and 100% compliant. Ingredients: black puerh tea, cocoa powder, vanilla bean, rooibos, cinnamon, orange peel and nutmeg. All organic but didn't want to type it. :0)

Not sure if you guys can get it in the UK, but I ordered Numi Organic Chocolate Puerh.

Not really :( It sounds absolutely delicious and I can order a box of 16 teabags for about $7.50 BUT they want another $30 dollars to ship it :o So, unless I find it elsewhere, i'll have to make do with what I've got

for those of us who were already Gluten Free before doing the whole30 Barley Malt is a known gluten containing ingredient... and it's in a lot of things it doesn't need to be in, like herbal teas... I got a Yogi tea without looking at the ingredients because why would it have grain ingredients in it, now I've got to foist it off on other people!

I thought I'd take the offending pack back to the shop as it was unopened, unfortunately my puppy had other ideas and came home the other day to find she had stolen it from the table and chewed the box to smithereens. Looks like I'll be having some choco tea post whole30.

Not really It sounds absolutely delicious and I can order a box of 16 teabags for about $7.50 BUT they want another $30 dollars to ship it So, unless I find it elsewhere, i'll have to make do with what I've got

Holy moly. I've often wondered if that is a usual cost or do the companies triple the mailing cost? Kirsteen did you try Amazon UK? I think you probably did because you are very resourceful like that.

• 2 years later...

for those of us who were already Gluten Free before doing the whole30 Barley Malt is a known gluten containing ingredient... and it's in a lot of things it doesn't need to be in, like herbal teas... I got a Yogi tea without looking at the ingredients because why would it have grain ingredients in it, now I've got to foist it off on other people!

Is it from a wheat based grain?

Addition - I saw it advertised as wheat free...

Archived