Whole30+ first go around ~excited~

beachchic85

First meal in the bag 4 eggs scrambled with coconut oil, green beans and onions in coconut oil, an apple and large glass of ice water. It was so filling and yummy...am hour later and my tummy is still full...when I say full I don't mean that yucky about to explode feeling I just mean I've got food in there and it feels great!! I am having a small boy I'd like to have chocolate or a piece of gum because of the onions taste in my mouth but I'm gonna go brush my teeth and it should help. I've done my goals and a rough draft of my meals for the next two weeks, knowing that I'm gonna go with my gut and taste buds but I'm a planner so I have to have a guide...or I feel that I do anyway lol. I'm so very excited for the energy boost as I've been lacking for some time now and also ready for solid nites sleep as I've NEVER in my 27 years had good sleep. I'm so excited for this journey, open for advice and encouragment!!

2 meals down! I set myself up to fail today but was able to turn it around, had to go to town to get my meal stuff for the next two weeks and cut it REALLY close to lunch. I was soooooo tempted to go through the drive through but didn't came home and quickly threw together a lunch large mushroom cap as "bun", turkey burger sprinkled with salt and garlic and lettuce on top. It was pretty plain but now I'm set and will be getting stuff pre cooked and assembled for the rest of the week/weekend as it gets CrAzY round here and it will be a test I plan to pass with flying colors. So far not been hungry both meals have been filling and been drinking tons of water. The sugar dragon is MAJOR fighting I have wanted tootsie rolls and chocolate chip cookies but have succeeded at passing. It feels great to pass although I'm heading into my "monthly friend" next week so its gonna be chocolate/sugar dragon FULL FORCE. Excited to have no bloating and the usual for this time...praying it happens and less breakouts and cramps. Its a major test with the rest of the family not on board and the Easter candy in the cupboard. For the most part dinners will be whole30 approved for us all but they will get some things added so my hubby doesn't feel like he's eating like a rabbit lol.

My husband is a lousy sleeper as well. He isn't aware of any food issues for himself, but we're both hoping this month positively addresses the sleep thing. I've still been getting up multiple times at night (kids) but overall I think the sleep I am getting is fairly nice. It's good to have that back, because I'd worried I'd picked up my husband's poor sleep patterns through some sort of osmosis.

Cheers to less bloating next week. Bloating is no fun at all.

Meal 3 was crappy I made savoury sweet potatoes and got too much salt on them...we also had steak and applesauce. Not enough food, good thing my steak was large. Starting to get a headache. Heading to bed shortly...tomorrow's day two!! 29 more to go woo hoo!

Day1 done, on to Day 2!!! I'm feeling victory having completed day 1. Despite the slight head cold/allergies I'm experiencing my head feels less cloudy, I feel less bloaty/puffy then I ever have most likely due to no bread nor milk as I had a hunch those things bothered me before I just was never brave enough to eliminate them as I felt they were VERY comforting to me. I have a slight head ache thay started last nite but its nothing to bad just anoying. I do have one concern as I'm not sure what the "normal" is but I'm not having BM's...is this normal? I know that yesterday was only day one but isn't it something that is daily? I never was normal before it was always days/weeks or every time I ate something. I'm loving the no gas, boy that is ahmazing I was so gassy!! Ok well enough of this lol

Meal 1; day 2: 4 eggs fried in coconut oil with salt and pepper over a very generous salad. I love using the egg yolk as "dressing". This may not seem like much but the bowl I used was a 3.5 cup bowl and the lettuce FILLED it, of course once the hot eggs and oil hit it, it wilted but yeah it was a LARGE salad!

Lunch today was FABULOSO!!! Found a recipe called perfect chicken on pinterest and oh it was just that!! 1/2 tsp each paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Rub on 1.5lbs chicken breast. Fry in coconut oil 2-3 min per side then place in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes and enjoy!! So lunch today is as follows large glass of ice water (1 gallon per day total) a perfect chicken breast, small apple and a large helping of faux taters with garlic, onion, coconut oil amd salt. YummO!! Made extra chixken for the weekend and throwing an extra bit of meat on the barbie tonite...the weekend scares me so I want to be prepared! My hubby is a foodie and tho he eats whatever he wants and is very slim and muscular he has the silent issues that he ignores...so I REALLY REALLY have to prepare for weekends because he is home. I got this tho!!

3:30 and I'm STARVING!!! 3 hours till dinner still, grabbed a spare chicken breast and ate that. It feels wierd eating so much...kinda scary I'm already 70 pounds overweight don't want to gain more.

Dinner a 7 and I was NOT intersted in food. I had sweet potato fries with salt, garlic and coconut oil and a big chunk of roast. I'm craving sugar like mad, I feel I could kill for sugar. Slaying that dragon...starving it!! Decided to cut out fruit completly so that I can really starve it out and then maybe reintroduce later in the program. Also gonna find a new carb cuz the sweet tater I feel is the same.

Lunch today was FABULOSO!!! Found a recipe called perfect chicken on pinterest

I have that one too! I found it on Pinterest and loved the name of it (perfect chicken) and cooked it right up. I'd never known more than just sticking a chicken in the oven - so mind opening! :) Tonight we also had a roasted chicken, but we switched things up and used a rub of equal parts herbs de provence and sea salt. Totally tasty. We thought a whole chicken would give us leftovers, but we ate it all. I feel a bit bonded over our shared Pinterest find.

Eandk family it's the best rite??!! I absolutely loved it!!I I have been trying to avoid. Pinterest like the plague because my sugar dragon was full force and my friends are all sugar fiens lol.

So, bad thing, I caved last nite and had sugar :( HOWEVER I binged and had so much, at first it was one skittle and that was good then it was M&M's, malt balls, tootsie rolls, starburst and ugh that's it the rest was gross and I feel better now because I realized it isn't all that great so on with it now and I know make sure to get all my fat in and I won't want sugar also taking precautions and eliminating fruit and sweet potatoes till I'm passes this faze.

Meal one today was 4eggs scrambled with coconut oil and large bowl of green beans fried with coconut oil shallots and mushrooms with a bit of salt. Super yummie!! Prior to w30 I hated breakfast it is now becoming my fave meal!! Ended up having a few bites leftover.

Meal two was a bed of lettuce with chicken, chives and mushrooms warmed up in coconut oil...wasn't to hungry had to force eat. Still had about 2 bites leftover.

Meal 3 was roast, carrots, shallots, celery, mushrooms all sprinkled with parsley, salt, pepper and garlic drizzled with coconut oil. I had to again make myself eat and had a good bit leftover. -Craving free today!!! Crappy headache runny nose tho.

Eandk family it's the best rite??!! I absolutely loved it!!I I have been trying to avoid. Pinterest like the plague because my sugar dragon was full force and my friends are all sugar fiens lol.

So, bad thing, I caved last nite and had sugar :(

I went on pinterest looking for paleo recipes and quickly discovered it was not a smart move. None of that for me! I've been lucky that I haven't been having any sugar cravings, but I've never been much of a sugar craver (until I actually eat some and then I can't stop). However, I did catch myself eating a spoon of almond butter and imagining just how much better it would be with honey. Not a good train of thought I was one so I quickly left the kitchen.

Getting off track usually proves beneficial for me too in that I re-remember exactly why I'm trying to do eat differently. It's kind of amazing how powerful one little skittle can be!

I like your shallots and mushrooms with eggs idea. Our mornings are rough, but we do like mushrooms and we do have one shallot sitting on our counter. Congratulations for making it through today.

Meal one 4 eggs, green beans with mushrooms, shallots and all fried in coconut oil.

Meal two … what Meal two I was not hungry so I made myself eat an apple sprinkled with organic dry nut butter, I know, I know I read the label tho and all it has is crushed nuts and water then dehydrated. And then drizzled it all with coconut oil. It was decedant!!

Meal three will be mushroom stuff burgers on the grill with a bed of lettuce carrots and onions.

Gotta up my water had only half gallon yesterday and so far today on 32 ounces.

This morning stunk I was "hungover" and exhausted but have since come out of it. I was a bear this am too bahaha prolly due to the "hungover" feeling

P.S. last nite I slept like a husband...I say this because they sleep through EVERYTHING, a baby sleeps on and off.

Meal one 4eggs scrambled in coconut oil - I know, no veggies but I had to force myself to eat I was NOT hungry.

Meal two shredded chicken turned into perfect chicken LOVE that recipe anyways added that to homemade bone broth also fried half onion 2 celery stalks and one carrot. Added all together to make a chicken soup and it was YYMM-O!!

Meal three sweet potato hashies and Rosemary sage chicken legs.

My boys 2&4 inhaled the sweet potato hashies and they hate potatoes except french fries. I thought I could eat them because I haven't had sugar cravings since day two but I'm in bed now because I WANT sugar and I'm not going down that road again.

How you doing?

I'm sitting here wishing I'd either tackle some projects or work on my work, but realizing I have No Idea what I'm going to make for lunch! I can't just wing it like the days of peanut butter and jelly and grilled cheese sandwiches. :)

Archived