Cococeps?

InkblotJo

Has anyone else heard of these? I rather enjoy this drink, though I also purchased it before my Whole 30 and I don't know if its ingredients are Whole 30 compliant. I'm pretty sure the only ingredients are the ones listed here:

http://madrelabs.com/superfoods/cococeps

Contains:

• Cocoa (Theobroma cacao -- a.k.a. "Food of the Gods"), is one of the most popular, delicious and healthy popular beverages consumed worldwide. With close to 4000 years of rich history, Cocoa powder, prepared from roasted beans of the Theobroma cacao plant, was a precious ingredient in the Aztec & Mayan bitter, spicy drink - Xocalatl, from which the name chocolate is derived.
    Cocoa contains naturally-occurring mild stimulants called methylxanthines. Theobromine is the predominant methylxanthine in Cocoa, which is thought to contribute to the cardiovascular supportive and mood elevating properties ascribed to chocolate. Caffeine is another methylxanthine present in lesser amounts in cocoa that contributes to its energizing effect. CocoCeps® contains on average 140 mg of Theobromine and 14 mg of Caffeine per serving.
  • Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis Hybrid Strain) has been used in Tibetan and Chinese cultures as a tonic to promote energy and longevity. It is a rare and highly valued fungus that grows in the high plains of Tibet -- Now available through modern cultivation techniques. Our Micronized Cordyceps is the only Certified Organic Full-Spectrum Micronized Cordyceps that is bio-identical genetically as well as in its analytical signature. Our cordyceps is cultivated through a proprietary/patented process using special growing chambers to replicate the conditions found in Nepal and Tibet at 18,000 feet (5400 meters) elevation. This low-temperature, low-oxygen cultivation process yields the most potent form of Cordyceps available.
  • Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is probably the most well-known tonic mushroom in the world. It is known in China by the name Ling Zhi, and revered throughout East Asia as the "Mushroom of Longevity." Our Micronized Reishi is the only Certified Organic Full-Spectrum Micronized Reishi available.

• Moderators

The ingredients look okay. It does border on being a processed food with its micronizing and blending, but I suppose I might judge coffee the same way if coffee was not a staple of the American diet. So I guess my Whole30 compliance judgement is, "Yeah, I guess so."

Archived