Way too much information...

Ok, I know this is gross but I still have to ask...

My mother and I are both doing the Whole30 and are just finishing up week 2. We are BOTH having BM issues... As in, like, 5 times a day!! Not solid, and fairly urgent too! I don't know about her diet, but I do know that I have been eating probably more than the recommended amount of fruits and nuts. Could this be part of the problem? I'm 21 years old, and not trying to loose weight as much as I am just trying to eat healthier. My husband is also doing it with us, and he hasn't had any of those problems. Any ideas? This is getting REALLY old...

Thanks in advance!

Crystal K.

hi crystal -

congrats on your first few weeks! it is absolutely normal for things in the BM department to be "off". i noticed it for me in week 2; by week 3, everything got better.

it wouldn't hurt to ease up on the nuts especially for a week and see how that treats you. some nuts (like cashews) can create issues for some people. experiment and see what you find.

best of luck for the remainder!

My mother and I are both doing the Whole30 and are just finishing up week 2. We are BOTH having BM issues... As in, like, 5 times a day!! Not solid, and fairly urgent too! I don't know about her diet, but I do know that I have been eating probably more than the recommended amount of fruits and nuts. Could this be part of the problem? I'm 21 years old, and not trying to loose weight as much as I am just trying to eat healthier. My husband is also doing it with us, and he hasn't had any of those problems. Any ideas? This is getting REALLY old...

Hi Crystal,

I totally know what you're going through! This is day 16 for me, and I am going through the same thing, or sometimes can't go at all! I was beginning to worry.

it is absolutely normal for things in the BM department to be "off". i noticed it for me in week 2; by week 3, everything got better.

Hi Jennycash,

How long should we wait before we become concerned?

sorry crystal and w.j.! i have have a crazy work/home schedule and haven't logged on in a week.

i hope things have cleared up for you by now...how's it going?

i wouldn't be concerned unless there are other issues appearing. and really, even then, it is likely just your body adapting to all of the changes. if you're really uncomfortable, you could try a digestive supplement. my husband (who has ulcerative colitis) and my sister (who had her gallbladder removed 7 years ago) both use NOW Superfoods Digestive Enzymes. one pill with each meals helps break down the fat and protein, making it easier to absorb. it might help, especially if the whole30 fat/protein rich way of eating is very different from how you were eating beforehand.

sorry crystal and w.j.! i have have a crazy work/home schedule and haven't logged on in a week.

i hope things have cleared up for you by now...how's it going?

Hi Jennycash,

Things aren't quite regular yet, but I think are a little better. I'm on day 21 of my W45 now, and I know sometimes it just takes...well...time. So I'm still hanging in there! Thanks for replying and asking how things are going!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived