Starting tomorrow, April 5

cavemam

This is my commitment to start tomorrow, april 5th. I am hoping by next month, I will be enjoying the benefits of this way of eating/way of life. If anyone would be interested in being an accountability partner, please PM me. My reason for doing this is to live my life without food controlling me. I have a history of bulimia, but have stopped purging, so now really it is just binge eating disorder. I do struggle with body image issues, but I am trying to let go of those. I have not weighed myself in a long time, but I am constantly reminded of the weight I have gained every morning when I struggle to find something to wear that I can squeeze into. I hate to say that I am doing this to lose weight, but I would hope that would happen as well. Hope to meet some friends on here!

I have successfully completed 1 Whole 30 in Jan/feb and have failed at a restart twice since. I have marked today4/5 on my calendar to start again. I have a similar history, anorexia/bulimia years ago, but still struggle with body image and can relate to food controlling your life. I rested better. Had better workout recovery, and more positive attitude at the end of my last whole 30, so feel it was a success, but should have held on and done 45 or 60 days to completely kill my sugar urges. I welcome an accountability partner in this, and look yo this forum daily for support!

Hi Cavemam,

I am happy to be your Whole30 buddy--though I wasn't sure how to PM you. Today is actually my 4th day on my Whole30. It also happens to be my birthday which is creating all kinds of weird psychological gymnastics. I am not really all that tempted by cake and ice cream, but I am struggling to find something to make the day special to take the place of those symbols.

Anyway, I hope your first day is going well.

Hi Cavemam,

Would love the support of a W30 Buddy! I started on April 4th, so I'm on Day 2. So far so good, but I'm reading the book as I go (I've been clean-eating for about 2 years and Paleo for 6 months). So a lot of new info.

laurelpardee, you are brave! Happy Birthday! Mine was on the 3rd, thus my start date of the 4th. Stay strong and enjoy your day.

Michelle13

Archived