Grassfed beef tallow

nutmegananne

I put more beef tallow on my body than I do in my food. My skin loves the stuff! I make my own body balm with tallow, a little bit of oil, and essential oils. Best moisturizer ever!

Seriously? I so don't want to smell like beef. I prefer coconut oil for a moisturizer.

I made tallow body balm and used tons of essential oils and whipped it with coconut and almond oil and it still makes me smell like mashed potaoes and gravy. I don't care though, my skin loves it too. I use it on my face!

Oh, I guess so. I feel awful. I wish I could delete it. Sorry everyone. :(

Thank you for pointing out my blunder. I didn't intend to be mean spirited, but I can see how it is now. Not only that, it's just off-topic and doesn't do anything for this conversation.

Oh, I guess so. I feel awful. I wish I could delete it. Sorry everyone.

Thank you for pointing out my blunder. I didn't intend to be mean spirited, but I can see how it is now. Not only that, it's just off-topic and doesn't do anything for this conversation.

Aw moluv..no worries.

Oh, I guess so. I feel awful. I wish I could delete it. Sorry everyone. :(

I got it. I smiled ;) Sometimes humour doesn't do well via keyboard (oh I've learned that lesson so many times!). Maybe he has a job title like "Lipidology Engineer" ;)

My lard-based soap is very good on my skin, but not sure I could slather on the stuff as a moisturiser. Mind you I tend towards greasy rather than dry skin anyway. Maybe Granny was right about the goose-grease-on-the-chest thing after all!

If you change Craig to Michele and fatworker to Bikini Waxer you get the reaction I get pretty much anytime I tell someone what I do for a living. Still, it was a joke best left in my head and not out on the danged ole Internet. <face palm>

I made tallow body balm and used tons of essential oils and whipped it with coconut and almond oil and it still makes me smell like mashed potaoes and gravy. I don't care though, my skin loves it too. I use it on my face!

It definitely has that tallow smell to it even with the essential oils but only in the container IME. When I put it on my skin I just smell the oils. I put a mix of citrus and rosewood essential oils in my current batch. At first I was nervous and kept asking my bf if I smelled like beef. He said I never did. I tend to use perfume at least once a day and I like to spritz cucumber body spray after moisturizing so maybe that's why.

Seriously? I so don't want to smell like beef. I prefer coconut oil for a moisturizer.

Coconut oil feels too heavy and greasy on my skin. I prefer the feel of beef tallow. Emu oil is really good too but not quite as rich as tallow. It's awesome for soothing irritation though. If I have any shaving irritation it's gone overnight after applying emu oil. I'm also using on my dogs skin as he has terrible allergies and he's doing really well on it.

For plant oils I like avocado and macadamia. Olive oil is fine if it's all I have. I make up an oil salt lemon shower scrub and I don't need to moisturize for days after using it. I veer towards tallow though as I figure if I'm an animal then animal fats are probably better for my skin. JMO.

Archived