Sweet Potatoes

ChildoftheKing7777

Hmm I add some ghee, smoked paprika, touch of coconut milk and mash'em up. IF you have some compliant bacon.. I take the mashed mixture add crumbled bacon, then scoop back into the potato shells and bake for 20 minutes on @400 then to serve I top with fresh chopped green onions and mock sour cream (mix coconut milk with vinegar, just as good as sour cream) or guacamole.

I take 4 or so sweet potatoes, peel them and cut them into cubes. Maybe 1"x1" or larger. Doesn't matter, really. Put the potatoes in a huge bowl. I add in 3 tablespoons of oil (your choice!), 4 minced garlic cloves, 1/3 cup of fresh thyme leaves (or 1 Tbsp dry thyme leaves), 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (I am obsessed with Himalayan pink salt right now) and 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Toss everything together until all the potatoes are coated, then put on a parchment lined baking sheet. I like a single layer, so use 2 baking sheets if you don't have those huge commercial sheets like I do. Put them into a cold oven, then turn it on to 400 degrees. Can be lower if you are roasting something else at the same time, but they'll take longer. I don't start them in a preheated oven because I'm afraid the garlic with cook too fast. Cook them about a half hour or 45 minutes. I like them browned on the corners. Stir them in there once or twice while cooking. They are awesome right away. They are good cold in a salad. They are good reheated either in the oven or even tossed in a frying pan for a few minutes. Even my teenager likes these. "not too sweet for a sweet potato" is what the teenager said.

Archived