What does everyone use their mayo for?

In the past, I have only used mayo for sandwiches. I am intrigued by the idea of making my own but am not sure what I would use it for. I like my raw veggies plain not dipped. What are your favorite ways to use it?

I use it in homemade salad dressings (ISWF and Well Fed have some great recipes). Lately I've also been enjoying it mixed with a little curry powder as a dipping sauce for sweet potato and squash "fries". We also use it for chicken and tuna salad. I just have to be careful and remember it is a condiment, using a couple tablespoons at a time. It's easy to over-indulge! :-)

I'm not a big mayo person, but I do love it in tuna salad. I usually end up getting rid of at least 1/3 of the jar when I make it. I'm always lookin for new ways to use it. One of my favorite side veggies is cole slaw. I shred carrots and cabbage then make the dressing by adding vinegar and spices to the mayo. Sometimes I'll mix an avocado in the mayo for a topping for lettuce wrap fajitas.

Deviled eggs, egg salad, sardine salad, homemade caesar dressing, mixed with hot sauce for a shrimp dip, rolled up with compliant roast beef, slathered between a grassfed burger and a fried egg...I love that stuff! Even when I am not whole30, I will never buy mayo again!

I add dill (lots), minced garlic, and lemon juice and it makes a great tarter sauce. I put it on my fish and any veggies I'm eating with it. there are lots of other flavors I am planning on making to put on basically different kinds of meat/veggies - I want to make some roasted red pepper for chicken breast, etc. and plain mayo I use on my hamburgers and chicken sandwiches (obviously no bun, but meat, lettuce, tomato, and onion)...mmmmmmmmmmm mayo. I will say the first 45 days or so of my whole100 I didn't use it, I didn't know what to use it for really, but now I'm finding it's a great source of good fat for me and I'm having some bloating/etc from avocado ( :( ) and nuts ( :( :( )

I'm another one who likes a little mayo mixed into cooked greens. I also like to mix spices into it in smaller batches and apply to cooked meats.

One time I made mayo then took a portion to blend in fresh basil, garlic, and pine nuts. It was like a creamy pesto. That didn't last long!

And I never thought previously to trying it that I would like to dip veggies in it, but I love it.

Don't forget mayo is the base for dreamy avocado dressing, which is so yummy.

My final suggestion to you is to make GARLIC AIOLI.....google it. Then put a little bit on roasted sweet potatoes.

All of the above! Plus on steamed broccoli and mixed with a little minced garlic and lemon juice to dip artichoke leaves and hearts into; deviled eggs, egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, salad dressings, on a spoon, cold meats, cold meatloaf, love the stuff!

I use it in lots of things, but I love to make a whole chicken in a crockpot and then make a chicken salad to my liking. It's got an unmatched creaminess. The two batches I ruined -- I am positive was because I did not let my eggs come to room temp. Yesterday, I let my eggs and the first 1/4 of oil sit together all morning and I had a perfect batch of mayo.

My FB status the other day was, "Once you've had homemade mayo, you'll never go back." :)

Archived