Eggs please help

Sciuga

The book has frittatta recipes. Basically, I take about 5 eggs, add some other cooked protein such as a compliant sausage, and look around my kitchen for veggies that seem as though they would go well (mushroom, spinach, sweet potato, canned pumpkin, onion and tomato have been some of our staples). I throw it into a glass safe dish in my toaster oven and bake until firm, which is around 20 minutes at 350. If I feel like it, I can bake a lot more and freeze the leftovers in individual portions. How many servings sort of depends on your ther ingredients.

For fat, I often ment coconut oil in the bottom of the dish or serve with avocado which adds a little freshness.

...over easy takes like 5 min :)

I can fry eggs in about 3 mins :-D I have the pan very hot and squash the yolk when I first put them in the pan. But then I like a well cooked yolk.

When you say "on the run" do you really need it to go, or can you spare a few minutes to make/eat breakfast? I do scrambled eggs in the microwave - it takes some tweaking to get the point between "raw" and "rubbery" but generally around 2 minutes does it. Beat the eggs with a fork, throw in some pre-chopped (or pre cooked) veg, perhaps a bit of finely chopped compliant bacon to cook with it.

Maybe your just gettin tired of eggs? I poach a large batch of chicken breasts and leave them In a Tupperware with the cooking liquid... They stay nice and moist and keep for 4-5 days.... Very light and easy on your tummy in the morning and tasty too..... I have one almost everyday I workout early AM as a postWO meal

Archived