New! Starting 30 today

ecophreak

Hey all,

I'm starting today! I've been "lacto-paleo" for about a year now, which I define as "mostly paleo, plus cheese." I don't drink milk. I've already cut out grains and sugar, just need to kick my cheese addiction.

My goals are to get off allergy meds (although my nasal drip and sneezing was greatly reduced after quitting grains), clear up my skin, hopefully, and maybe lose some weight. My biggest goal is to reset my relationship with food. I constantly obsess about it, and this needs to stop. So, I'm using this month to quit dairy and really buckle down. After the 30 is over, I'll start watching my portions and hopefully see some weight loss.

I do work out regularly. 4 or 5 days a week at the gym, doing 15-20 minutes of light cardio and weights. My fitness goal is just to be stronger and healthier so I have the energy to play with my kids. I also sit at a computer all day, so I'm trying to be less sedentary.

I'll be downloading It Starts With Food tonight. The hardest part for me right now is quitting dairy. I also enjoy a glass of wine 3 or 4 times a week, so I'll be quitting that too. I recently kicked a long-term sugar addiction. My naturopath thought I had a candida overgrowth so I went sugar-free for 12 weeks. I never thought I could do that. I've slowly started adding chocolate back in, and I need to stop that before it gets out of hand again. But kicking that addiction is proof I can do this whole30!

It's kind of random to start on the 26th of the month, but I seemed motivated today, so why not? Also my birthday is next week so I'd like to get over the first hard week before I'm tempted with all kinds of treats soon.

To stay motivated, I'll read this forum, the It Starts With Food book, and I found some Paleo podcasts to listen to. Looking forward to learning tons here!

Tara in California

Yay! Tara! Welcome, and I wish you the very best on your Whole30!!

There is a lot to learn on this site and from the people who post here in the forum. There is a place in the forum to post your log during your 30 days.

Very best wishes, Kate

Archived