Starting 4/7

Giselle Crouch

Hello everyone!! I just got finished reading ISWF and am ready to jump in tomorrow!!! Everything in the book resonated with me and I know I need this!! I have three children who will also be joining on this challenge. Ages 10, 6, and 4 (wish me luck!!) Hopefully I will remember to come on here and report how things are going. Good luck to everyone!!!

Welcome Giselle, glad you've read the book, i think it makes it a lot easier when you understand the reasoning behind a W30. Good luck and don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have - they're a really friendly bunch here

Thanks Kirsteen!! I really failed today. As excited as I was to get started I really did not prepare myself very well. I kinda wish my husband was also on board as it would be much easier as far as groceries are concerned. I am going to have to rearrange my pantry. I think I might have to wait a week...I know things will not be perfect but I do not want to slip. My eating habits are REALLY bad. I don't eat breakfast and often will only eat when I get home from work around 3pm. Eating at all will be ca accomplishment at this point!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Giselle, don't worry, you didn't fail, you just had a learning experience and slightly delayed your start. What's a few days in the grand scheme of things?

A lot of people have difficulty eating breakfast at first - I was one of them, I hadn't eaten breakfast since I was old enough to dodge my mother on the way to school :) I had several hissy fits about it and, to be honest, wasn't perfect from the start. If you search the forums there are loads of threads about people's struggles with breakfast and different ideas.

It took me a while to actually have it regularly within an hour of getting up, I regarded it as a work in progress. I reckoned as long as I was sticking to totally compliant foods and doing my best to follow the meal template, I could forgive myself for not being perfect with the timings as long as I was babystepping my way towards it. It was a strugle but I now really feel that eating breakfast is so worth it. It really made a difference once I got fully into the habit and now I regularly make enough at dinner to eat for breakfast the next day :) So good luck, I know you can get there.

Thank you SO much!!! It really means a lot!! Today I started emptying my pantry of all of the non-compliant food. My mom was over and thinks I am crazy but thankfully respects my decision. It is kinda scary looking at an empty cupboard but I am proud of myself for making that first step. Thanks again and I will be back with an update!!

Not to hijack your thread but I wondered since I work out immediately after rolling out I bed, I have been eating a hard boiled egg on the way to the gym and then a full veggie scramble when I get home. I used to have a half if a protein shake pre-gym so thought this might work? Just want to make sure because I happen to really like eggs but this is a lot of eggs. And on a side note, my lifting was pretty weak today. I got on the bike afterwards and checked my email to see that day 3 is a toughie. Guess that was no joke! Haha

No worries about the hijack. :-) I actually ate breakfast this morning! I have been reading Everyday Paleo and she suggested scrambled eggs, an avocado and steamed spinach and that us exactly what I did! I didn't get to eat an hour after I woke up but the point is I ate breakfast!! I also made a Paleo supper. I put a little too much pepper so the kids found it a little spicy but I did it!! Working my way to the W30 is what I am doing.

Archived