Day 28, feeling GREAT, except ...

So, it's Day 28, I'm seriously feeling great. So much energy, lost weight (can't wait to see the final numbers), sleeping great ... but when I wake up in the morning I have loose stool and when I go to bed, same thing. It started around day 8, and I figured it was just all the nutrients, but 20 days later it's still affecting me.

Typical Day:

Breakfast: Eggs and veggies (usually asparagus or broccoli)

Lunch: Fish, beef, or chicken typically baked. Veggies - Cauliflower, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts 1 or 2 of those.

Dinner: Something similar to breakfast or lunch. Just a variation so I don't get bored.

If I have any 'snacks' during the day it's cashews or black olives, but that's not often. I might add a piece of fruit in with breakfast/lunch - berries or kiwi.

And I drink A LOT of water. No caffeine ... maybe once a week I'll have a cup of hot tea that contains caffeine, but that's literally a 6-8 oz cup and that's typically decaf.

I'm not concerened per se, because I've had these sort of issues for about 12 years ... but I thought they would get better with the whole 30.

ANY suggestions would be much appreciated!!

Than you! :)

Loose stools for 12 years sounds like IBS at the very least. Have you asked your Dr about your digestion? There are foods on the regular W30 plan (eggs, nuts, raw veggies) that while healthy for most can aggravate the lining of the GI tract.

Yeah, they've told me IBS before. I used to take medication for it, but it was worse during college because I stressed so much. After I graduated, it's been better. But it hasn't been this bad in a while. I'll try to do some more research.

I appreciate your response. :)

Do you have the book ISWF? There is a very small section for IBS in the chapter called "special populations". I did a w30 then went straight into IBS protocol, felt better but not quite as well as I should so I took it all the way to autoimmune protocol. It's more restricted but I have had a lot of healing take place and my digestion has already improved greatly. I'm going to continue on with it. I hope you find the path that leads to your best health.

I totally forgot about that small section in ISWF, until someone reminded me it was there. I think I didn't start seeing formation of stools until around day 28 on my whole 30. Then I did a little over 30 more days more doing the IBS protocol and now feel great. Some people take longer.

In the section on medical conditions, there are multiple threads in IBS. A frequent member here names Moluv also has a blog about her IBS protocol, which had a lot of information in it.

Good luck!

Archived