Too full for dinner

I am on day 7 of the whole30. Both yesterday afternoon and today I have been too full for dinner. It makes me gag to eat anything from 4:00 on. It isn't that I don't like the food. I do. And it is not any particular food that has this effect on me. Is this normal at this stage. I have only been able to get down maybe a half a dozen bites both afternoons/evening.

I am just not feeling hungry. I assessed my breakfasts and lunches, and do not feel that that I am filling up too much on either meal.

Lunch is from 11:30 to 12:00, and I am just now able to even look at food. It is almost 10:00 at night. And it doesn't look like I will be able to eat very much of it.

• Moderators

Not feeling like eating dinner is unusual. Not wanting to eat at 4 if you finished lunch at noon is not surprising, but I would expect you to feel hungry by 6 or 7. Do you feel hungry at breakfast? At lunch? My guess is that your hormones are out of whack. By eating breakfast within an hour of waking in the morning, eating lunch, and doing the best you can with dinner, your hormones are likely to get into a more friendly rhythm soon.

I don't really think what you are eating at breakfast, lunch, and dinner is the reason you don't feel like eating in the evening, but it might be helpful to know what you have been having.

Okay. On day 6:

Breakfast was 2 hard boiled eggs, cucumber rounds, carrot rounds, and celery sticks. I dipped the celery into my lemon rosemary dipping oil, with some added lemon. I started my first bottle of water.

I enjoyed a lunch of mini burger patties, celery and broccoli on a bed of fresh spinach. I am on my second bottle of water, lemon slice added. Started my second bottle of water.

For dinner, I made mashed sweet potato, squash and carrots with a little coconut milk. I also made clams. I did not have huge portions, but I am quite full. As a matter of fact, I barely ate any. I just couldn't eat for some reason. And I love all the foods.

On day 7: A work day, so meal 1 was split into to mini meals.

Mini meal one was raw broccoli with lemon rosemary dipping oil, and a hard boiled egg. A little water was also consumed.

I had two cups of tea at work, then another mini meal (the same as the first).

Lunch was a few cups of water, mini burger patties, an apple, and a salad consisting of fresh spinach, broccoli and celery. I enjoyed this combination of foods very much. (The mini burgers have shredded carrot and sweet potato mixed in.)

Dinner was sweet potato, squash, carrots and fried eggs. With some lemon water. I am still having issues with dinner. Didn't eat it all, but ate a little more than last night.

I am doing fine with breakfast and lunch, and I have been eating my forst meal within an our of rising, Usually within less than 30 minutes.

I did manage to eat dinner tonight. (Day 8). I felt like I was starving, likely from not being able to eat much dinner the last couple of nights.

I had 3 poached eggs, apple slices with cinnamon, and fresh spinach with and Romaine lettuce. I also had a little lemon rosemary dipping sauce.

Do you think maybe It is because this dinner was lighter in a way? (Vs. nights 6 and 7) I have never had a problem eating dinner before. Or maybe I could eat it because I was so hungry. I feel satisfied now.

I would like to know your thoughts, in case this happens again.

• Moderators

Your food choices look fine. Nothing about your meals suggests a reason why you wouldn't feel like eating, except maybe pairing sweet potatoes with clams. :) I'm sorry I don't have any more ideas.

Archived