Can I have...a relationship?

Ari.

But seriously, it's difficult, right?!

I loved pile of soy and inflammation more. This happened to me couple times. Feels terrible.

There is one more thing that drives me nuts - guys who get defensive or start to apologise for eating what they eat. We were talking about this with another girl in her log not that long time ago. When they figure out that you eat healthy they start to give you million reasons/excuses why they order that pasta with a gallon of cream sauce over. I didn't say a word about your food choice, I didn't tried to convert you into healthy eating and I even didn't make the unapproving face. Why do I have to feel bad for not sharing your eating habits? I think I should go ahead and marry my favorite butcher, who gives me discounts for game meat :D

But seriously, it's difficult, right?!

I honestly feel like the hard part is getting over how I feel I'm being perceived. One of the reasons for eating clean in the first place has been a lifetime of unhealthy choices, dieting, and just an overall unhealthy lifestyle. So going on a date with a guy, and instantly being perceived as "that girl" who orders specific food because "she's on a diet," it really bothers me. Having to explain what I eat and why, it's honestly more annoying than it is a fear of being judged. I spent a lifetime dieting, and finally am comfortable with the lifestyle choices that I've made. But explaining that to someone on a first date? It's a bit heavy, especially as an explanation for your food. No matter what, people judge on a first date (I'm guilty of it, as well). Maybe assessing is a better word. So when someone is very particular about what they order, or they send something back, sometimes you feel like you're going to be judged for that. You just are. I personally avoid "food dates" for this reason. As nice as it is to be taken on a "real" date instead of just going out for coffee, it's just not worth the hassle.

Is there a Paleo dating site in the works yet?!?!

Yes, I know what you mean! It is too bad that we receive so many messages that standing up for our health/wellness is perceived as being difficult/needy/demanding. Just gotta keep working on it, being positive, and let other people manage their own reactions to those of us who go rogue and don't eat the bread just because it's there!

Archived