Ideas/Solutions for seasonal allergies??

We are on day 28 of our first Whole 30 and have loved it!! However, we live in SC where the pollen is already pretty bad and my husband is struggling! For the last several years we've purchased local honey that he will have a spoonful of every day to help with this. Normal meds don't really do much for him... Any ideas on what he can take/do? He's pretty miserable with a runny nose and watery eyes :-(

Hello, I am in SC too. I thought through this Whole 30 I was not having a problem with my seasonal allergies but today it is hitting me hard. I took some Allegra hoping it will help. My garage is filled with Pollen though so I imagine we are tracking it in the house.

BTW I am on day 29 and I think if I continue like this I will probably take my local honey on Wednesday.

i am in kansas city,KS and i have had allergies since i moved here i had them in ohio too i was hoping this whole30 might help i am on day 22 but i have been on zirtec for 6 months at least. maybe give it some more time,,,i don't know.

Thanks everyone! We picked up some Allegra last night hoping it will help. I'm also going to get some honey to have on hand later this week since today is day 29. He's used a neti pot before and we have one, but he had a sinus infection last year that was so bad I think he now has an aversion to that little blue pot!

Personally, I'm hoping that the Whole30 will help with my allergies! Allegra and claratin don't work for me - benadryl does, but makes me exhausted!

I've had some luck taking querecetin and stinging nettle supplements. Both are natural antihistimines. It's not enough to make the allergies go away, but they are much more manageable. You can find each alone or together in capsule form. You can also make nettle tea, but I haven't tried that yet.

You may want to try a local honey producer and purchase bee pollen pellets from them. They typically recommend that you start with just a pinch and move up to a teaspoon daily. It's something that builds immunities to local pollens over time so ideally you would start a couple of weeks before allergy season, but I think could be a big help even now.

Archived