Progressing.

I am still here I am still working to progress through the changes and challenges i face. I still enjoy reading about other peoples journey and I'm learning.

After a few weeks hiatus eating a lot of wheat based items and dairy products my stomach is crying out in pain so I'm picking things back up again to try again with a healthier lifestyle.

I think that the most valuable thing I learned in the last 6 weeks though is that there is a difference between Paleo and Whole 30.

This is my post Whole 30 log.

For yesterday:

M1 Banana, coconut milk cappuccino, apple and nuts

M2 Salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado, capsicum, 1 95gr tinned smoked tuna

Challenge point: Chocolate cake from our executive director to soften the blow of a work challenge. I didn't beat this challenge. Black cup of tea.

M3 Paleo lemon chicken thighs, steamed veggies, 1TBS cheese noodles, 1/2 Carmen's granola bar (no sugars or preservatives but oats)

Walked/Ran 3.16km in 37minutes

Pros: My stomach is starting to feel lighter, I'm having headaches so I know I'm on a good path, I'm getting some focus back, my energy levels are coming back up

Cons: still emotionally beating myself up for my "fails", I feel like I'm starting over again (but at least I can start over, right?)

For today:

M1: 2 eggs, capsicum, zucchini, onion, bacon, black tea, pear, 5 nuts

M2: Salad, avocado, beetroot, red onion, chicken, latte made from full cream milk

Planned:

M3: 1/2 rump steak, salad, water

M3: salad, tomatoes, whole rump steak, coconut milk cappuccino, 1 cream biscuit

Hi There,

Good too see you back! I'm in a similar mindset at the moment. Trying so hard to avoid the obvious but sometimes not. I feel infinitely better when I stick with the relatively strict paleo, but the chocolate cravings have been rediculous..... I keep on telling myself that I have a choice..... Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

M1: 2 eggs, 1/4 chorizo, capsicum, zucchini, onion, pear, nuts, coconut cappuccino

Morning tea: coffee with milk and sugar :(

M2: Started off as a paleo thai chicken soup (delicious) but I found a fly floating in it :( :( :(

went to the shops and got a toasted ham cheese and tomato sanga and a medium latte. I'm paying for it now with serious flatulence :(

Planned:

M3: asian glass noodles stir fry

M3: asian glass noodle stir fry, 1 small glass OJ no preservatives or added sugar, 1 oreo cookie :( 1/2 sweet potato and 1/4 chorizo

Hi There, Good too see you back! I'm in a similar mindset at the moment. Trying so hard to avoid the obvious but sometimes not. I feel infinitely better when I stick with the relatively strict paleo, but the chocolate cravings have been rediculous..... I keep on telling myself that I have a choice..... Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

Yes I feel 100 times better physically but not so mentally (emotional eater much?) when I stick with paleo.

My stomach so does not like dairy!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I'm still here. Still going really well and feeling really good to. Just busy with life.

Back to the running/walking and really pleased with my progress.

Eating is going really well but still challenged. It's a huge change from what I was eating like September 2012. I'm liking the change :)

Archived