Too many eggs for a 3yo???

little_muffin

• Moderators

I used to eat 5 eggs every day and continued for months before I got bored and made some changes. Five eggs would be a high percentage of a three-year old's diet, but I would not worry about the cholesterol, just the lack of variety. I would not worry much, however, because I would expect your daughter to want something else soon enough.

TiMANimal- My 2 year old son has been eating this way... well since forever for him. I was doing primal when I conceived him and ate primal all the way thru. Then, I switched to paleo (cut out the dairy) and he has been this way since he started eating, pretty much. I refused to give him any jarred stuff and no wall paper paste that pretends to be cereal. We started him out on avocado, went to zucchini and on from there. The only cereal he has ever had was some oatmeal, and he was very much eh about it so I have never really pushed him to eat it after the few days of trying it.

He has done really well eating whole 30! At his 2 year check up, he was 36 inches tall and 26 pounds and his dr was pleased with how he is doing. He lives for sauteed mushrooms--loves them anyway he can get them, has discovered grape tomatoes, and devoured a baby green salad with some homemade ranch dressing at dinner last night, loves pork chops, sausages, baby shrimp, cranberries, sweet potatoes, spinach, beef, chicken, broccoli... the only thing I have discovered that he turns down on a routine basis is green beans. He also loves to eat homemade mayo off the spoon as well as has bites of coconut oil and milk off the spoon. He does get full fat greek yogurt every day and my husband does eat white rice from time to time, and we give him a bit of rice, but that is maybe once a month. I say that your little one will do quite well! If you can, I would make as much of your little one's food as possible, and you can tailor the food they eat as you wish. He rarely gets sugar or flour and he is thriving on this wol.

TiMANimal- My 2 year old son has been eating this way... well since forever for him. I was doing primal when I conceived him and ate primal all the way thru. Then, I switched to paleo (cut out the dairy) and he has been this way since he started eating, pretty much. I refused to give him any jarred stuff and no wall paper paste that pretends to be cereal. We started him out on avocado, went to zucchini and on from there. The only cereal he has ever had was some oatmeal, and he was very much eh about it so I have never really pushed him to eat it after the few days of trying it.

He has done really well eating whole 30! At his 2 year check up, he was 36 inches tall and 26 pounds and his dr was pleased with how he is doing. He lives for sauteed mushrooms--loves them anyway he can get them, has discovered grape tomatoes, and devoured a baby green salad with some homemade ranch dressing at dinner last night, loves pork chops, sausages, baby shrimp, cranberries, sweet potatoes, spinach, beef, chicken, broccoli... the only thing I have discovered that he turns down on a routine basis is green beans. He also loves to eat homemade mayo off the spoon as well as has bites of coconut oil and milk off the spoon. He does get full fat greek yogurt every day and my husband does eat white rice from time to time, and we give him a bit of rice, but that is maybe once a month. I say that your little one will do quite well! If you can, I would make as much of your little one's food as possible, and you can tailor the food they eat as you wish. He rarely gets sugar or flour and he is thriving on this wol.

Thank you for the response. It is good to hear that I am not crazy for wanting my child, at a young age, to have a healthy food relationship.

Archived