Anyone starting Monday the 15th?

Roslyn Murphy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking in for day 4. Feeling more energy today then yesterday. Woke up with a mild headache and leg cramp. I drank a cup of chicken broth and that seemed to fix both. Had much more energy at Crossfit today. Last night I made a really good meatloaf for dinner. Used the recipe from jamiereidskitchen.com, except I doubled it and used 1lb of beef and 1lb of pork.

Hi guys!

I'm having a really hard time finding people that want to be added to fb- so if you want to be added- PLEASE find me- my name (Roslyn Murphy) and pic are the same, so it should be easy to find me. Friend me and I wll accept and add you to our page! :) You also might want to add a little msg somewhere- or send an email- so I know who the heck you are! ;)

Thanks!!!!

Hi everyone,

I started Monday too. Second time round. My last time I managed to do 14 days (I´ve seen I´m the third on here to say that :) ) and started out on Monday thinking " How long will I last this time" mode but since yesterday I´m feeling more excited about it and really want to do the Whole30.

I hardly ever go on FB and if it´s ok I´ll stick around here. I´d love to share experience and thoughts with you all.

Day 5 and I´m feeling pretty good.

Hope it´s a good day for everyone.

Day 5 and I'm feeling better too...my headache seems to have abated and I'm not as hungry as I was for the first four days (still hungry, but not to the point of insanity!).

Haven't noticed any physical changes yet but I don't expect to for the first couple of weeks!

Glad to hear people are doing well! My first W30 I had a massive headache the first 5 days, but this time around, nothing at all. So thankful! I am still having trouble drinking enough water. I honestly just forget until the end of the day, and then drink a ton to try and catch up. Any tips/tricks that work for you?

Glad to hear the headaches are going. I haven´t had much problem with it this time around either.

Mrsjessica - I got into the habit of drinking enough water by keeping a bottle by my side all the time on the desk and just taking sips / swigs LOL through the day.

It´s going on for 10pm here and I´m amazed how much energy I have than normal. I´d usually be flagging by now for sure. I´m actually wondering what to do with myself. :)

Tried "Spaghetti Zucchini " for the first time tonight. Very pleased to have discovered that.

I haven´t noticed any changes but I don´t "feel fat" as I so often do.

Elle - You eating enough protein and fat ?

I've been Paleo for close to 2 months. Backtracked a bit to do a whole30 on the 15th as well. I have definitely noticed good side effects: I am a runner and I can run with little to no stiffness the next day. My runs have been getting longer and faster. Here's my perplexion: I have gained stomach fat from this so far. I don't know if it's going to go away or not. I was not expecting this to happen at all. Anyone else had this occurrence? I am wondering if this whole30 will have any effect on that. It will be a challenge soon, as I have a wedding to attend, with a dinner. In doing Paleo, everything was easy to give up except cheese and ice cream. Before starting the 30, I allowed raw milk/local dairy and locally made ice cream w/o corn syrup, etc. I don't know that I could ever cut out dairy or sweets for good, but knowing I am eating ones without all the extra crap in there is better. I would like to combat my cravings though.

One thing I can tell you for sure: I am enjoying really getting to know my kitchen and cooking all sorts of yummy dishes. :)

Hi wysterria,

Can´t help you at all with the stomach fat. I don´t think I´m having that problem. Let us know how it goes. The wedding will be a bit of a challenge for sure. I was at a party on Saturday and by the end of the night I was eyeing up the home made cakes :o

Week 2 today everyone. How´s it going ? I´m feeling hungrier today than I have been the last week. Maybe it´s because of the weekends compliant but erratic eating. Hope so.

Elle - You eating enough protein and fat ?

At lunch and dinner I am, but breakfast is still a huge struggle for me. No solution yet to my super-sensitive stomach and egg-aversion combo which makes breakfast options next to impossible. I'm less hungry than I was in week 1 but the gap between breakfast and lunch is a struggle... :-(

I'm late to joining the Forum, but happy to finally be here! I began on the 15th...Been great. My appetite is waning, these days, and my energy is balancing out. The best part in all of this is that my family, although not officially on the Whole30, are partially compliant. That means a good start for better health for all of us!

Week one is done! My energy levels are really high most of the time. The stomach problems I had the first three days are gone. Having a lot of fun cooking and grilling! I'm sticking to very low carb during this to burn the most fat. No fruits besides avocado. No loss in strength during weightlifting yet, I even set a new PR on my deadlift yesterday. I'll see how the metcons go this week, hopefully my body starts becoming more efficient at using fat for fuel. I did cheat on one thing; I weighed myself today. I'm down 7.4lbs. At least 5 of that is probably water weight. I thought about not doing weigh-ins but I like to measure progress besides just the mirror, so I will only step on the scale once a week during this.

Hope everyone has a great week 2!

Elle - Sorry you´re still struggling there. Well done for sticking with it though.

Karrirus - Welcome. I´ve noticed my energy is much better but I´m still feeling hungrier :mellow:.

Nick A - It´s looks like you´re doing great.

Naughty you getting on the scales :o hehe. I´ve been tempted but I´m fighting it. Last time I tried this I got on the scales at 15 days, hadn´t lost weight and gave up. Don´t want to risk it this time.

I "feel" slimmer.

Having an odd craving for milky coffee and "something sweet" but not too hard to handle. LOL How about anyone else ?

Cravings were bad a few days ago. I minimize them with the steamed fish and broccoli trick. But, more importantly, I think about what I'm doing for my body...and the cravings melt away. (I did come across a Tootsie Roll and had to throw that deeply into the trash - the first and only item that almost did me in!

The first few days I weighed myself - unhealthy!!!! Been several days off the scale, but I don't need it. My body shape is already noticeable different.

I just finished Wheat Belly. It's a great complement to this challenge/way of life and the research in It Starts with Food. I'm sold on the science. And...wheat is just plain gross! I'm never going back.

Day 11!! We're over a third of the way there. Well done us :)

Things have settled a good bit for me. I'm still having some cravings and realised that I was eating too much fruit for the 1st week. Have cut back this week and am thinking about fruit A LOT :(

Jeans definitely feeling looser and my belly is a lot flatter. And .................. minimal bloating, which is a first for me.

Hope everybody is doing ok

Hi all. Yaaay. Well done us.

I´m feeling so much better. I can´t remember having such a level energy balance for ages. I didn´t really want to get up this morning but when I did I noticed feeling fully awake and ready for the day.

Felt good.

I like the not "feeling fat" sensation.

I was reading through "It Starts with Food" last night and decided I´ll be very careful with using nuts. I have relied on them a little too much I think BUT it´s been for emergency purposes mainly. I´ve been out twice in the week where there was no compliant food.

I´m very proud I just stuck it out and resisted temptations.

I had the nuts before going to see me though.

Good to hear about the changes we´re all ready noticing. :)

Archived