Day 24. Headaches!

abird

I am on day 24 of my second round of the Whole30. The first I did about a year ago and I have been probably 70% paleo for 2 years.

The last 4 days I have woken up with a headache. It goes away after a couple of hours. Not necessarily right after I eat or have coffee. I had a headache last night as well. I am eating enough carbs but maybe a bit more nut butter than is wise. Anyone else have this problem? I feel like I am already through any carb flu or detox....

Too much salt? Allergy to a certain food (sweet potatoes maybe?)? Anyone else having headaches this late in the game? I didn't have this problem the first time around.

• 2 months later...

I'm having mild headaches almost every morning.  Today is Day 16 for me, they started about a week ago.  I drink PLENTY of water/herbal tea and they don't go away after coffee or Meal 1, but usually later in the day.  (Anyway, I only drink about 10 oz. of coffee daily)  Probably still a detox thing for me I guess?

The problem with headaches is that they could be caused by any number of things.  Sometimes, I go through phases where I'm really sensitive to caffeine. New or added stress anywhere in your life, muscle tension, poor sleep, allergies, monthly cycle, a co-worker's new perfume... So many things to consider. Are there any new things going on (besides W30) for you?

Same for me.  I am having instense headaches as well.  I am on day 15 and on about day 5, I started getting killer, constant headaches.  This is not typical of me at all....I have not had a headache like this in years.    I have been drinking tons of water and before starting the program, I had already been eating farily clean (no grains, low sugar, etc.).  I am feeling great otherwise, but the headaches are pretty bad.  Is this typical?

Archived