Intro from a die hard lurker

Javagal78

I am starting my Whole30 tomorrow after much lurking and reading all of the amazing info shared here. I have suffered with benign ailments my whole life (constipation, chronic sinus inflammation/infections, bladder infections, depression and anxiety). As of this past fall, I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid by an ND and am currently supplementing to support my thyroid function.

Our family started our journey this past fall after my diagnosis as well as the ND recommending going GF/DF for the whole family. My dd, 9, has suffered chronic strep and throat infections. I did not want another winter season of pumping her full of antibiotics. We dumped the gluten and the dairy, supplemented her very weak immune system and she did not have one infection this winter! This propelled me to learn more about just how important our food consumption is. I devoured, well not literally ;), "It Starts with Food" and feel like I'm ready to really get my health back on track. I have gained 30lbs in the last 3 years, my energy level is still subpar and I still don't feel like myself. I know my body feels better with little to no grains and I'm ready to commit.

I'm excited to have this community to pose questions to and look to for guidance. :D

Good job! You know what they say.... lurking is the first step. (Really, nobody says that. I just made it up.) I'm glad you're de-lurking and swinging into action — may you experience many benefits and discoveries from your Whole 30!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back. Sorry your anxiety was playing up but massive kudos for jumping right back in. Most of us have made mistakes, most of us have fallen off at one time or another but none of that matters. It's the dusting ourselves off and carrying on that counts. I wish you all the best and don't be afraid to ask any questions you have or even just to come here to rant, we've all done it at one time and the support has been great. Good luck

Archived