Went off plan w fries made in canola oil, any similar reactions?

I had fries at a restaurant today that I didn't know we're made in canola oil. I also had a salad, probably with canola, and a burger patty.

I've had all of these things before. My husband and I did the whole 30 over February, and since then have adopted most of the whole30 rules/guidelines at home but we just minimize bad choices in public or with friends. Hence the fries.

Almost immediately after I ate, roughly ten minutes, my throat got really itchy, sore and stiff when I swallow. I don't have any known allergies. My temperature feels ok, but I also feel a little achy. I don't know if I am getting sick or having a reaction. Keep in mind that I also have canola oil in my store bought dressing fairly often (3xweek). My hubby went to the grocery store Ina hurry and didn't realize how careful you have to be.

Has anyone else had a throat issue like this with these foods? Or do you think it's possible even? It just seems food related because of the timing of the symptoms. Thanks!

I had something very similar happen, more than once, and I was trying to connect and convince myself it was the canola oil from food at the Whole Foods hot bar ( I had not eaten off plan and had not had canola). I think in reality, I had come down with the touch of a virus. My immune seemed was strong, and the virus never knocked me fully down, there were still symptoms. Since then (months later and staying compliant by choice) I have happened upon the Whole Foods hot bar eating things made with canola and did not have any reaction.

Archived