Should ghee be solid or liquid at room temperature?

faymao

Yes, mines always solid but goes a bit runny if I have it too near the heat from the cooker. Since it's basically a saturated fat I can't see how it would be runny at room temp.

Actually, Kisteen, liquid coconut oil and butter oil have more MCTs than their solid counterparts so liquid does not mean wrong or bad. Way too sciency for me, but when I read about it, it made sense. :)

Yes Kirsteen I think you are right about it not being ghee. I wonder how they keep butter oil liquid. I actually don't understand how the coconut oil stays liquid or why it has more MCTs. I started to read the literature but it gave me a headache. ;0)

It is the price of olive oil. Maybe a little less. I use it a little sparingly. I have a spoonful before I go to the gym and for cooking when I want a drizzle, not a blob.

I have both liquid and solid ghee. The solid ghee is refrigerated, I like it better. The liquid ghee is not refrigerated... Like my coconut oil sometimes it is completely liquid, sometimes fully solid and sometimes a mixture of both.... It can depend on the storage temp

I never refrigerate my ghee. It sits proudly on my counter.

Archived