Suggestions for "light" meals please

Bethann67

Suggestions please for simple meals that will fill me up, (and fulfill the template requirements ... of course) but be gentle/ cleansing on my digestive track? ( I feel bloated and tired and over full... I'm on day 11) A warm and comfy soup that fits the bill would be great ...a pot of something for the weekend so I can get caught up on dishes...a dream come true!

I make veggie soup -veggies of your choice covered in stock/broth usually homemade chicken, a cook till veggies are tender. Blend until smooth. Cauliflower soup is great, but also butternut pumpkin/squash soup which can be lightened by adding coconut milk!

I really like pairing the soup with nomnom's Kalua pig - cant get much easier. Pork butt, covered in salt, add to slow cooker with NO liquid & cook for 12hrs - soooooo yummy!!!! http://nomnompaleo.com/post/10031990774/slow-cooker-kalua-pig

I have made it with & without the bacon, as well as with & without the garlic & red Hawain salt. All yummy in my book

I made my usual chicken soup last week - homemade stock, carrots, onions and chicken (left out the old standard pasta!) - but added some drained canned tomatoes and some chopped up cabbage. It was delicious. There's not enough fat for that to be the whole meal, but it covers a few bases!

I agree with Egre4926; nom nom paleo's Kalua Pig is outstanding, super easy and foolproof (I've also done it with and without the garlic and with different kinds of salt). It also makes a lot, which is great. I LOVE it reheated in the oven with some of the World's Best Braised Cabbage on nom nom's site. The sprinkle of balsamic at the end really adds to it.

Shakshuka! For 2 people:

Fry a chopped onion, some garlic until golden.

Add one of each green and red pepper sliced.

Add 1 tsp cumin and 1 tsp smoked paprika.

Add 1 can tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer 15 mins then make 4 wells and crack 4 eggs into them. Cover and simmer around 5 mins until cooked to your liking.

I often add other stuff and it's yum over sweet potato hash.

Archived