Day 4 of the Whole30 with almost no side effects... Am I doing something wrong?

I just completed day 4 with almost no side effects at all. Some of my body stuff has been different (but not in a bad way), and I've had slightly less energy, but otherwise I've had no other symptoms besides some pretty powerful cravings. Maybe this is very paranoid of me, but... Am I doing something wrong?! It seems like people oftentimes have a terrible adjustment period, whereas I seem to have almost no physiological complications.

The program is a moderate change in diet for me. Before, I was eating without dairy, most grains (still had rice on occasion), and some sugars (honey, maple syrup, stevia). Cutting out legumes was the only thing I've never done before, but it hasn't been too much of a problem. I would admit that I'm likely having more fruit than what is recommended, but I am definitely eating much more other nutrients, especially fats and the great stuff in veggies (eating veggies with every meal is definitely new for me!!).

I would love some feedback on this. Thanks!

Not everyone gets the carb flu. It's funny because the way it's talked about so often almost convinces people to expect it. You sound fine. Watch that fruit though. It pushes more nutrient dense things off your plate and if you happen to have a sugar dragon, it will keep him awake. :)

You're fine. Most people who get "carb flu" are coming off a standard American diet. I also was off sugar (but not artificial sweetener), dairy and grains before I started and it was not a difficult adjustment for me. Keep up the good work!!!

I am on day 19 and have felt better than ever right from the start. I suspect something I am not eating was bringing me down pre-Whole30. My spouse, however, was really dragging for the first week or so. Could have put his head down on the desk and slept all day. I won't be sorry when I can add a glass of wine back in, however!

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old post but I'm so happy to have found it. I'm currently on Day 4 and haven't been experiencing any issues so I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. I'm coming off of a SAD (buying a lot of fries, burgers, shakes, etc.) Right now, I feel great!

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Janneke said:

Hi all, today is day 7 for me. I am experiencing alot of dizziness the last couple of days. It feels that there are waves at the back of my head. Is that normal? Could it be that my body is detoxing? Looking forward to response :)

Dizziness isn't really normal. Can you tell us what you've been eating -- list a day or two of your meals, including approximate portion sizes, and if you work out at all, let us know what you're having for pre- and post-workout.

Are you salting your food? We need some salt in our diet, not having enough could cause dizziness. Are you following the meal template, and including fat at every meal? Not eating enough could cause dizziness.

Yesterday:

Breakfast:

- handful of cherries

- Omelet  (3 eggs) with some diced bacon. Topping handhul of fresh spinach and a bit of avocado

Lunch

Broccoli soup and fresh salad

Dinner:

- stuffed zucchini with mince and tomato 

- home made icecream (banana, tahini and dark chocolate powder)

i find it very hard to eat as i am feeling so full. Its very easy for me to skip a meal. I have no cravings at all....

• 1 year later...

Today is day 4 for me, and I’ve got no side affects. And before starting whole30 my diet wasn’t so bad I never ever cooked! I ate out every meal! So I feel like I’m definitely doing something wrong!  I’m not having those angry mood swings nor am I tired or groggy. Everything I’m eating is organic and I have been snacking on almonds a lot? Each day I have an orange with breakfast and maybe a banana or two throughout the day with an apple at some point. 

@Janneke This is late, but are you having enough protein and fat with every meal? Your meal list has protein at breakfast and dinner, unclear about lunch with fat (avocado) only at breakfast. The meal template says palm sized portion of protein and a plated fat every meal. That might help? Also make sure you're salting your food, a switch to more whole foods usually means a lot less salt which could be affecting your blood pressure.

Archived