No kitchen and away from home.

Angel Cruz

So. I need some advice. I'm going away to a military school for 31 days in May. I want to take that time to do whole 30. Lunch and dinner meals i'll be going to the dining facility and I'll just have to be really careful with my choices and ask a lot of questions as to what they cook with. My main concern is breakfast and pre/post WOD meals. I'll be staying in a military hotel with no kitchen asides from a small fridge and microwave. need some simple and fast ideas for my first meal that are whole 30? Any help would be awesome! I can survive eating the same thing every morning. Sure, boring and not ideal but given the circumstances, ill do what it takes. If a anyone has suggestion for meal plans or whatever, I'm open.

Somewhere in this forum, I have posted a bit about how my husband gets by in a hotel room with insane working hours. He brings tuna packets and other canned fish. Canned chicken and turkey are probably fine, too. He does travel with nuts for fat, but also with coconut meat/flakes. You could also probably bring olive oil and make a dressing. Olives are also a good source of fat. Fresh veggies go well, but he can't get to a store, so he brings compliant baby food. In fact, sweet potatos store well, don't take much space, and they also cook well in the microwave. And, we went to the camping section and got a tiny salt and pepper shaker, which could easily hold other spices. Oh, and we've gathered a few packets of compliant hot sauce from restaurants.

I'll look for the old threads and see what else I can find. Dallas and Melissa created PDF's about travel and dining out that are at the bottom of the page that features the book.

Sweet potatoes are easy to cook in a microwave and keep on hand for post-wod carbs. I found applegate natural lunch meats without sugar at a small local health food store that are just delicious. You can also pour some eggs into a bowl, add spinach, garlic, and mushrooms, mix it up and microwave it for a little bit at a time, stirring in between for an impromptu frittata. Coconut water is good to have pre-wod.

Good luck!

Archived