Protein weight

ChildoftheKing7777

I think I saw something in WellFed that did a rough breakdown of how many meals per week x how many ounces (roughly) per meal and then put that into pounds but I don't have the book anymore and can't remember.

I've been trying to figure this out also- not because I want to obsessively measure my food but so I can plan a month worth of meat for when my ranch man delivers. The closest I've come so far is to notice a regular can of tuna is 5oz and I view that as a palm or maybe a little more. So 4-8oz is 1-2 palms to my mind.

It's easier for me when I'm doing my meal planning to have a number to work with, so I weighed the meat I was eating for a few meals. (I usually work with 4oz for myself and 8oz for my husband, due to how physical his work is.)

It will totally vary for everyone. When I started what I did was cook a pound of ground beef and see how many servings I got out of it. For me, it's usually 4 which makes a palm size for me about 4 oz. sometimes I have more and only get 3 portions. Don't get too hung up on it. Decide how much you need to eat at each meal and multiply that by the number of meals you're planning for. You soon find yourself doing it without thinking about it.

Archived