Feeling good, but am I doing this right?

MeghanE

I am on day 20 and I think I am doing well, but as I get near the end, I still feel like I might get out of control once I stop, which makes me wonder if I have been doing this whole thing right?!

I have tried really hard to stick to 3 meals a day, some days I do fine, other days I have to have a snack. I try to keep it within the rules, making a mini meal including protein, fat and veggies, but sometimes I just can't stop myself from grabbing a handful of nuts or munching on some olives while cooking. Also I have attended 4 events that included appetizers and dinner, and I ate compliant appetizers... And tonight I went to my in-laws, who no matter how many times I explain it, they just don't get it... And therefore didn't have anything I could eat besides salad, so I totally devoured a larabar on the drive home because I was starving.

I have noticed some good things happening, the foggy 3pm feeling is gone, i sleep better and food genuinely tastes better than it did before. I realize that I can have just as much fun at social events without drinking! But I still don't feel like I have gained any great control over my moods and emotions, which was one of my major motivators. And I feel like if I let myself "off road" I won't be able to get back on the road!

Do I need more time, or will these concerns start to work themselves out in the next 10 or so days??

I felt a little bit the same as you, and for a couple of other reasons, ended up doing a whole 52. I think those extra three weeks really cemented some good habits. I felt like I found my groove with it all. I've spent the last week reintroducing a couple of foods, so have had purely W30 compliant days within that, and to me, that now feels normal. A week ago I was worried I might just start eating whatever, but I feel a lot more in control and aren't even thinking about all the things I could eat if I wanted to.

Every body is different, but if you don't trust yourself to go off plan in 10 days time, just keep going until you do. There's no right or wrong answer :)

Oh and congrats on making it this far.

Thanks!

Congrats on finding your groove! I hope I can. I am going to try not to stress and wait to see how I feel in the next week and see how it goes. I am taking a class right now that ends about 4 days after day 30. Maybe I will just go through until then to avoid having extra stress during my reintro phase!

Are you eating enough protein and fat at meals? I was hungry for a snack in the beginning but don't find that happens anymore unless I eat my meal late. (Im on Day 12 I think.) Are you eating out of habit or hunger? That is something else to consider.

I'm also nervous about stopping, but I think one key thing that will help is to keep eating three sufficient meals at regular intervals, so that I really don't find myself snacky between or after meals.

And congrats at discovering social things are still fun! I definitely haven't conquered that fear myself. :)

Archived