Day Two Revelations

lalajun

Hey All,

I am on day two of my first Whole30. Did anyone else start on the 13th? I tried once before but was ill prepared.

Day one was pretty easy. I emotionally was a mess, having woken up to a weight I haven't seen in months (135.6! I am 5'8" and my MAX has been 133. ) . I am recovering from bulimia and this can cause bloat that you wouldn't imagine! Well, I definitely have it, but am using it as another reason to stick to the Whole30.

So last night I did something I never imagined a could do...I had dinner and my 2 TB coconut flake "dessert." Then I just. did. not. eat. Crazy! My husband and I are tango dancers and usually up very late. He has a habit of not eating all day, then coming home and going wild. Steak, pasta, sugary yogurts, ice cream, candy...sometimes I think it is a pure on binge. Well, I took to eating with him...stuff I NEVER considered food! Yuck! I know I have to still pay attention to not partake in his habits, but I never imagined I could get through one night. Now I KNOW I can get through another.

Today is already interesting, mostly because I do not feel I have to snack. I woke up barely hungry, so waited a while to eat. I am so grateful for this, as usually I am dying to eat in the morning and can consume loads of food. I was always looking around for what else was available and when I could eat next.

But something else is going on...now that I don't think about food..I am asking myself: "What do I do now?" I know this is silly and have a list of chores and things I can do. But what is strange is that I literally see how much energy has been devoted to food and my restrictions. Has anyone else experienced this? Now that I am not anticipating my next meal, I am seeing how I can do WHATEVER I WANT! Pretty cool :-)

Anyway, I know this was a long post, but I am excited about this process and love to read all the success stories on here. I hope I will be one of them!

My husband and I started the 12th. Congrats on starting and already having revelations. :) My husband and I have always planned our meals a week in advanced. Unlike you, I'm still thinking about food 24/7. I'm always asking my husband (who cooks 98% of the time) what we're having next and all the details. I think it helps me visualize my next meal so I don't try going for something else (not that I could because there is nothing sugary in this house!).

Anyway, excited to be on this journey with you!

Glad to have you on the same path! Today I woke up SUPER early and STARVING! I just didn't feel satisfied after breakfast and I was having big time thoughts of quitting. But then I asked myself exactly what I would get from the oatmeal I so wanted to have. All I could come up with was a bloated belly. So I had some coconut milk and went back to bed for an hour. Funny thing is I feel fine now. How is your day 3 going?

Glad to have you on the same path! Today I woke up SUPER early and STARVING! I just didn't feel satisfied after breakfast and I was having big time thoughts of quitting. But then I asked myself exactly what I would get from the oatmeal I so wanted to have. All I could come up with was a bloated belly. So I had some coconut milk and went back to bed for an hour. Funny thing is I feel fine now. How is your day 3 going?

If you've been eating a lot of junk, your body got used to using the 'easy' fuel of simple carbs. It can take a little while to learn to burn fat instead. Once that happens, you will not experience that "OMG I'm ravenous and I need to eat right now!" feeling. Meanwhile, your meals should leave you feeling satisfied until close to the next meal, about 5-6 hours. If not, you need to play with adding a bit more protein and/or fat to your meals. That will help with satiety.

Archived