Brain says YES! Body says "Ummmm NO!"

I completed my 1st Whole 30 at the end of March. Since then I have tried reintroducing foods and having some reactions that I wasn't expecting. I have reintroduced everything but legumes at this point and I fear I won't ever.

I have been under a lot of emotional stress the last 2 weeks and I feel like my emotions are running a muck and my brain is telling me "It's OKAY to eat all that awesome food that makes you feel better when you are stressed. YOU NEED IT to feel better". I can honestly tell you, I have tried to comfort myself with food over the last 2 weeks. Over doing it on compliant foods. Telling myself it's okay to try creamer in my coffee - I end up throwing away coffee (blasphemy I know) because it tastes aweful. I have tried eating a fried tortilla that my compliant taco salald came in - it tasted like oil. Alcohol - I tried a glass of Beringer wine it was so sweet, I couldn't drink it. I have tried to eat cake that was homemade, from scratch and I just could not eat it.

Everything noncompliant, w/ additive,w/ chemicals just tastes plain awful. After I realize that it doesn't taste so good I toss it. My brain is telling me to eat it, my body is saying ummm no.

Another Whole 30 is in the works. I need to break the food/comfort rollercoaster.

• Moderators

This actually sounds pretty awesome. I say give yourself credit for making the transformation that has changed how food tastes to you. Sounds like your brain is catching up quite quickly. Congrats!

We had communion at church this morning. Our wafers are gluten free (nut based, if I remember correctly) so I figure I'm safe there. The spouse turned to me and said, "Wow was that grape juice really sweet, or what?" How our tastes have changed during our whole30!

Archived