Day 1 (I started 4 days ago but...)

Verbohol

Hi everyone,

I am very new in this. I am not sure how that works. Anyways, I started Whole 30 day program last Monday but I didn't use this forum as I didn't know how to use it. Also I found out that the breakfast chicken sausage had honey in it. So I start over today. I made my own chicken sausage patties so I don't have to deal with mistakes. So help me on the way. I have 2 questions... no coconut water on this diet? and coconut flour allowed on this diet?

To be brief about myself, I lost 90 pounds last year and gained 20 pounds. I tried to figured out what went wrong so I investigated and found that I might be sensitive to gluten free grains and beans. I think its my type of body craves on sugar from carb. So I am giving myself a try with this program. I have been eating really healthy always organic, pastured feed animals and vegetables. I would appreciate your feedback for 30 days. Help me with this as I am amateur with forum.

Lord bless!

Veronica

• Moderators

Glad you're here Veronica!

The ingredients in some coconut waters are okay, but I think it is not a good idea to drink coconut water during a Whole30. It reminds me of a fruit-flavored soda and thus comes off as paleo-fied conventional food to me. Opinions may vary on this topic, however.

Coconut flour is a good ingredient and one that you might use to brown meat or to thicken a sauce. However, it is not okay to make coconut pancakes or coconut cake during a Whole30. That would be paleo-fying conventional foods.

• Moderators

The forum offers a section for Whole30 logs if you WANT to post a record of what you are eating, either daily or occasionally. I've never kept a food log, but some people find it valuable. It's up to you.

I can't object to water from an actual coconut. If you work hard enough to get it out, drinking it has got to be okay! :)

Archived