Just Laura's first W30

Just Laura

Started yesterday, 4/13/13.

First day, peed way more than usual.

Second day, against advice weighed myself. xxxxxxxx. For lunch had leftover veggies with a large handful of cashews and now feeling heart arrythmia, like when I eat too much bread. ??

• Moderators

Not weighing yourself is part of the program, not advice. Weighing yourself keeps you in a crazy relationship with food and your body. Come on. Follow the program, not a subset of it.

Cashews do not qualify as protein during a Whole30. You need a palm-size portion of meat, chicken, or fish and a plateful of veggies to make a real meal.

Did you eat breakfast and supper or just lunch? You need at least 3 meals per day. Not eating enough can make you feel weird.

Hi Tom, thanks for the reply.

I guess I misspoke about "advice", and I really do intend to follow it from now on. I only caved this morning because of the unusual amount of water I passed yesterday.

As for the cashews, yes, I just needed the reminder. I did eat breakfast, but I let myself get too hungry before preparing a proper protein portion for lunch. Tonight I fixed a salmon salad - a small can with lots of salad greens and olives, olive oil and sea salt dressing - and fresh asparagus.

• Moderators

Oh good!

If you need to eat 4 meals per day, that is okay. It took me more than a year to work my way down from 5 meals per day to 3. Just 3 meals per day is easy now, but it wasn't in the beginning.

Archived