Cravings

nweiss

Hi! We are at the end of Day 8. I am still craving sweets. I am not and will not have any but I am waiting for this amazing transformation to occur where I wake up and do not want a donut. So any advice as to when the sweet cravings die down? Thanks!

Sorry to tell you this, but it could come and go for a long time. Or you could wake up tomorrow and they'll be gone. It's different for everyone. Sugar seems to be the hardest thing for people (myself included) to give up. Are you eating fruit, dried fruit, or larabars on a regular basis? If so, I suggest you give them up, at least temporarily. They can prolong or induce sugar cravings.

nweiss -

Here's the thing: It took us a long, long time to build our unhealthy food habits. Whole30 is awesome, life changing even, but it's not magic. There's nothing about the foods you're eating that can flip that switch overnight, y'know? Instead, you're making conscious choices and rebuilding habits that make those cravings less and less powerful each time.

I hear ya. I would love a day when I don't have even a tiny thought about something sweet. but the truth is I still have them every day. it's gotten SO MUCH easier, tonight I went to pinkberry with my family and sat and hung out while they ate their frozen yogurt. they even have my favorite flavor back in stock. I held my daughter while she chomped away on hers...I am no longer technically doing a whole__ but there was no reason for me to have anything sweet today so I didn't.

Archived