Christie's 1st Whole 30

cadavis1976

Hi, my name is Christie Davis. I am 36 years old. I am a mother and a wife. My son is 15 an thinks he is 20. My husband is the same age as me. We were born same year. He in May and I in August. After we got married he and I realized we have the same initials, CAD. We've been married for 11 years this past December.

I have become obese as the doctors call it. I have never been this big before not even while I was pregnant. I do not like what I see and I am tired of feeling so tired all the time. I have a lot of migraines along with allergies to everything flying in the air.

My boss and her husband had completed the Whole 30 here while back and I was so shocked and amazed at their result. I have made up my mind I am ready to do this. I will try to keep my meals and progress post on a daily basis if I can. I can't make that promise with all the stuff I have going right now but I will promise that I will try my best. Thanks for reading.

Today is day 1. I got up this morning and weighed. I weighed 215.6 lbs. I did weigh 231.0lbs on Janurary 22, 2013. I have taken sugar and grains mostly out of my diet and exercised. I decided that I wanted to do the W30. I did my research and today is a new beginning. I am excited. And I know I can do this. I have already lost 15.4 lbs just taking most of the sugar and grains out of my diet. Thanks for coming up with this way of living because I have tried all kinds of other things and it did not work.

Day 1 Breakfast was 3 eggs and 3 very small pieces of bacon with a cup of black coffee

Lunch was lemon pepper chicken season with the juice of a lemon and black pepper/sea salt, Green Beans That I canned from my

last years garden, Sweet Potato bites and steamed carrots. Water and I had a Bing which apparently I read the ingredients wrong.

Won't happen again. It has cane sugar in it. So I will have Day 1 all over again.

Supper I had Asparagus, Salmon, Egg Roll ups, Steamed Carrots and Broccoli

Day 1 again When I counted out my days I counted out 31 days so I will still be finishing at the same time.

I was feeling under the weather this morning do to the headache that I have had for the past 5 days. So with that said, I

only had a few very small pieces of bacon and fruit with a cup of coffee for breakfast this morning. I know not the

best but, really just didn't feel like cooking and I had not made up my blueberry protien balls yet so I couldn't grab any of them. I shall do better in the morning.

For Lunch I had Asparagus, salmon Egg roll up with steamed veggies with Water to drink.

I did have an afternoon snack of Larabar Coconut Cream Pie.

For Supper I had 2 small pieces of baked chicken with Carmelized Onion Gravy over top, shredded veggies(Brussel

Sprouts, Carrots and Celery) That was good with Carmelized Onion Gravy over top, half a baked sweet potato and I had

some raw baby spinich with Water to drink.

I plan on having a better day tomorrow.

GOODNIGHT ALL!!!!!!!!!

Day 2 for breakfast I had 3 eggs with spinich raw and the other half of the sweet potato from supper last night with black

coffee and water.

for lunch i am having Asparagus salmon egg rollups, spinich raw and steamed veggies. with a little Juice and

water.

for supper I had tuna salad (with leftover grated celery, brussel sprouts, and carrots and a little bit of Mayo.), pork

rinds to scoop it up and water to drink.

Had a light supper due to tonight is our church night so I really don't have much time to spend cooking.

Day 3 well I woke up this morning easier than the rest of the week. That was a plus.

For breakfast this morning I had 3 eggs, 2 strips of bacon, baby spinach a cup of coffee and 7 oz of juice.

For lunch I am having leftover tuna on a plate of baby spinach with pork skins. And of course water to drink. I will try to let you know later what I am having for supper.

Hope everyone is have a good day!!!

Day 7, I am sorry i have been MIA the past few days. I have had so much going that I just haven't had time to sit down and post anything. I am working on getting loose ends done before I go on vacation at the end of May. I had to build chicken coops for my chicks. Which will be ready to go in them before I go on my vacation. Along with several other things. But I am still on track.

Breakfast I ate very little because I was not very hungry. I cooked 3 eggs and maybe got one down, I had 4oz of juice and cup coffee

Lunch I am having salmon cakes(which turned into hash because I did them a little different this time and they flopped), green beans,

steamed carrots and water.

Supper I plan on having sauteed Sauerkraut with Sausage and Zucchini. and maybe some steamed veggies or some kale chips.

Have a great day everyone!!

Well for supper tonight I did have the sauteed Sauerkraut with Sausage and Zucchini it was very good. I had some carrot and sweat potato mash to go with it. I had enough for my lunch tomorrow. I love this dish.

Makes: 2 servings

Total time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

2 sausages, sliced

2 small or 1 large zucchini, sliced or

finely chopped

1 red pepper, sliced or finely chopped

2 cups sauerkraut

Directions:

1. Sauté sausage in a pan over medium heat until browned and heated through.
  2. Add more oil to the pan if needed and sauté zucchini and red pepper for about five minutes.
  3. Add sauerkraut and sauté until heated.

Sausage and sauerkraut are a classic combination. In this recipe, I simply forgo the bun and sauté the two together. If you like, serve mustard on the side for dipping.

this is the recipie if anyone cares to make it for themselves. Some of you may already have it.

Well today is DAY 8 and this morning I had 3 eggs for my breakfast and some juice and a cup of coffee. My stomach has been a little upset this morning, but from what I have read this is normal. But I had heartburn this morning as well and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of it. It finally went away but, water seams to make it worse and All the remedies I used to do for it, I can use now because they are not w30 approved.

For lunch I am have leftovers from supper last night.

Not sure what I am going to do for supper tonight though.

I ran out of time last night with everything that went on. I started back on my exercising last night. It has been 2 weeks since I exercised last. I walked 1/4 of a mile, did some yoga, some strength training, and aerobics. 45mins. worth. I didn't get a chance to get on here and tell you what I decided on supper. I ended up having Lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, steamed veggies, leftover sweet potato/carrot mash and green beans. with water to drink.

Today is Day 9!!! I started off this morning thinking I was doing good because I had got the slow cooker bacon and chicken shredded and the simple cucumber salad done for supper tonight. Tonight is church night and normally I would go order a pizza or burger, etc.. but, because I am doing the w30 I am trying to plan ahead. So I put the bacon and chicken in the slow cooker last night to cook overnight. I got up this morning and got that all ready and got my lunch together. Then I went got dressed for work. Well when I got ready and got everything in the car to leave I realized I had fixed myself any breakfast. So I ran in and got a banana. When I got to work I got the containers out that I had put a little of the bacon and chicken and the cucumber salad in(I had brought this to let my boss try it to see if it was something she would be interested in) got a little of it on my plate along with the banana and some almond butter for breakfast. I had about 2 oz of juice and coffee to drink with it. I know this wasn't the best breakfast to eat but, I had to improvise with what I had.

For Lunch today I am having what I had for supper last night. I drank the rest of my juice and water with Lunch.

And of course for supper slow cooker bacon and chicken with simple cucumber saladand water.

Today is #15!!!!! Half way!! I feel great. It has been crazy busy around here. I will be going on vacation at end of may and have a ton of things to get done before then. Which makes it really hard to keep up my log. I am trying to get in exercise and fix all my meals on top of the things that I have to get done. This morning I had 3 hb eggs and 2 small pieces of bacon along with 1 cup of coffee. I also juiced up and apple,carrot and celery blend. it was delicious. For lunch a small baked sweet potato, purple hull peas from my garden, steamed veggies and a mini meatloaf without any ketchup. Didn't think I would ever like it like that but it was quite good and the family loves them. I also had water to drink. I will be have steak, grean beans from my garden and small sweet potato for supper tonight.

Archived