Here's to my lifestyle... to better, no, EXCELLENT HEATH!

Carrie

Here's to my lifestyle... to better, no, excellent health! I'm going to do a month at a time working towards a 100 or more and true whole success, not just in my food choices, but in my exercise, family care, personal development, spiritual development and business development... I allowed myself to be derailed for a week and do not like the effects of it for sure! It's amazing how sleep, mood, inflammation in neck, back and hands, less heart for workouts, emotional ups and downs... and more changes when care is not taken concerning the food/nutrition being put in my body! I didn't get off track in all my personal/business goals but I did in my food choices. The effects are not fun, rashes, groggy tiredness, sore hands, back and neck, less motivation for workouts and more.... So to me it's worth leaving out the less healthy in favor of the more healthy!

I'm starting today, unofficially just to get myself back on track and off the derailed terrain. Officially, I'll start April 22nd. I'm planning well for my convention food-wise. Planning quiche/egg muffin for breakfasts, Cobb salad or salad variation for lunches, one night at the Mongolian grill and meats/sides for the other two nights. I am bringing fruit and nuts and a few bars for help inside when it gets super late and need some help staying alert and awake to learn... Other than that, I'm up and running... on the right road, the high road of developing whole rounded life time habits in all areas of life... I'll be posting my personal standard and goals before my official start date.

Healthy eating Plan

· Things I can eat:

o
Beef, Fish, Pork, Eggs, Chicken, Turkey

o
Vegetables ( and sweet potatoes, maybe the occasional white potato but I'm loving using cauliflower)

o
Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Ghee

o
Fruit

o
Almond meal for coating chicken or adding small amounts into a meal recipe.

o
Primal pacs and pumpkin Bars for emergencies.

· Things I will not eat:

o
Grains (all grains)

o
Legumes

o
Sugar in drinks (it's ok if it's a small amount in meat (ie 2%)

o
Dairy

o
No processed foods except the occasional sausage (Italian or apple sausage from Costco)

o
No almonds or dried fruit as a snack (aside from the very small amount in the emergency primal pac. Almonds may be garnished on a salad but not eaten by the handful.

I will focus my meals around a good amount of protein (1 to 2 palms per meal), 2 cups of vegetables, and 1 to 2 servings of fat per meal) I'll eat sweet potatoes or winter squash once a day.

Exercise

o
3 days a week kettle bells workout (Kettleworx, or other DVD's)

o
2 days a week interval runs on treadmill or outsid
e

or 5-6 days of kettleworx (targeted videos to areas of body...)

Your plan sounds great.

I'm going to extend my W30 to W60. I really need to cement some things. Lol - now if I could just calculate when it ends correctly. I get a different day every time.

Do you do a kettleworx DVD?

Sounds like a great idea to extend your whole30 to a whole60. I'm going to stack "whole30's" on top of my "whole40" (I know I have a few things non compliant so I'm posting here...) until I feel it's cemented a true lifestyle change... Just taking 30 days at a time. I do use a kettleworx DVD. Funny thing. I was looking for kettlebells on craigslist and a guy had the whole kettleworx 11 dvd set plus the kettlebell still unopened for less than half the price. I jumped on it! He had bought it for his girlfriend and it wasn't her idea so it never got used. I also have the iron core ones, a jillian michaels one and another set I found brand new at goodwill that is a set of 4 dvds. So far I've only done the six week program. I like it though it does work. I learned a few things about form that he sometimes doesn't do that I do. The iron core lady gives good form education...

Mind if I tag along here as well? I'm on Day 49, on my way to a Whole60 or maybe 100, I'll see how my summer is shaping up come May.

I really enjoy the interaction on the boards with people doing the same stuff as I am. Husband will finish his first Whole30 on the 20th, I think, and he'd like to continue for a bit longer before reintroducing some, probably in May (he misses artificial sweeteners and milk in his coffee, but other than that he's good).

Life has been awesome since I started this February 28th, so I'm looking to stay compliant for as long as I can... it's not only not difficult for me, but I've fallen in love with the food!

Carrie- thanks for the info about the dvd's. I'm going to look for a few. I work out with a trainer 2x a week but would like to do something at home as well.

Hi KayJay! Welcome!! I am stil in my first W30 - I think it's day 23- and I am continuing on to do at least a W60 - maybe W100. Summer travel may cut that short.

So I have eaten out 3 times this week. All compliant. But have not felt so great after. For the rest of the 30 days I'm eating at home. And I'm definitely working on expanding my menus.

Hope you both have a great day.

Sounds great KayJay and Almcc! It's weird. I've felt the same way after eating out even compliant, that still not as good as doing it myself... I'm sure it's unknown ingredients or oils or something... I couldn't sleep so I got up to work out last minute details and all our VERY healthy food is packed and I'm ready. Should be a great time, health wise, business wise and marriage wise. Looking forward to my official start on Monday!!!

This is it! Day one.

So far so good. I'm tired since I got about a little over 5 hours of sleep. I missed my girls but we had a fantastic time. I love that we're all home together. They're so sweet. I may take a nap when they do. Not sure yet. I'm just in the beginning of menstruating. I'm going to get all my goals and expectations done today even though I'm tired. Slight Edge every time... Doing the right things for my health, business and personal life even if I don't "feel" like it. Yeah!

Meal one: about 3 eggs (maybe a bit less) and a piece of watermelon. 3 mugs of unsweetened Wulong tea.

Meal two: 3 small chicken strips (homemade almond flour coated chicken fried in coconut oil) and mixed vegetables (carrots, peppers and jicima)

I didn't eat enough. I was just needing a nap. So we all took a coupe hour nap. That helped a bit.

Meal three: I did eat my very last bag of almonds and 2 unsweetened dried figs. I was truly hungry and just wanting to go on a walk with my kids so I grabbed it out of convenience.

Meal four: We had taco salad with lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, coconut milk "sour cream", salsa, homemade taco meat, and a side of sweet potato with coconut manna sprinkled on top. Good.

Meal five: I did have two boiled eggs before bed with salt.

Today was a tired day but good.

Hubby weighed in today for his 30 days -- he lost 15 pounds! Yay!

We're continuing on, although we're traveling the next three days. I've scoped out all the compliant restaurants (Minneapolis is a goooood city for this), plus the Chipotle's en route and around the hotel! Taking hard-boiled eggs, avocados, a little fruit, nuts, and some kind of veggie to be determined. It's a six hour drive, so hopefully we'll get there about lunch time. Ish.

Bringing back stuff from Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. Can't wait!

Wish us luck!

Hi All

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Carrie - congrats on day 1!!

KayJay- wow! That's a big loss. How does he feel? Good luck on your trip - it sounds like you are well prepared.

Today is day 28 for me. I'm excited cause I get to weigh soon.

Have a great day!!!

Day two:

So far so good. It's refreshing to be home and committed to a great healthy eating plan!

Meal 1: 3 eggs with a bit of sausage and spinach and 2 cups mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, 2 types of carrots sauteed in coconut oil). 3 mugs of Wulong tea.

Worked out. Did the Kettleworx Arms and shoulders DVD. GREAT! And cleaned garage with my 2 year old on my back. I have more house work to do

Meal 2: I had homemade chicken strips (chicken coated in egg, almond flour, spices and coconut oil) with 1 ish cups of mixed vegetables and 1 small sweet potato with nothing on it. Also had a mug of licorice tea (yogi brand).

Meal 3: We had pork chops, mixed vegetables and sweet potato.

Meal 4: I had a go raw live food pumpkin bar.

Day three:

Woke up with two kids in my bed... that means not awesome sleep in our house. But that's ok. So we got off to a rough start but all is well.

Meal one: 3 eggs scrambled with spinach and chicken apple sausage and topped with sauteed mushrooms. Two mugs of Wulong tea. I actually made 4 eggs for me and couldn't finish. This is cool to see my satiated mechanisms working and me actually listening to it. Weird to leave food on my plate but cool to see my body working better in that regards.

Meal two: 2 apple chicken sausages, 1 small sweet potato and couldn't finish my salad. Probably should have ate the salad before the sweet potato. Oh well. I saved it in the fridge.

Meal three: Well Fed's Shepherds Pie and green salad with Well Fed's creamy italian salad dressing.

Meal four: Had a little serving of shepherds Pie.

Didn't really work out today. Still felt very tired from long weekend with little sleep. So I took a short walk and took a nap during my girls nap time. I was also PMSing since Sunday so that also plays a bit into energy levels for sure.

I didn't realize before how much stress or getting my kids snacks or just not thinking contributed to unnecessary eating... WOW! I appreciate so much feeling like my body is working the way it should. Of course I've got a ways to go but I'm in for the long haul.

I think that has changed tremendously - paying attention to what I put in my mouth.

I made beef bone broth today. It was very yummy. And very easy.

Tomorrow is day 30 for me. I'm not going to take any break. I have have to think about what I am going to do differently.

Happy eating.

How is it going Carrie?

Last night my sugar/snacking dragon reared it's head. I got out of bed and ate a banana. Not the worst thing to eat but it was stress eating. Phewey. I also find myself wanting better results. Like 30 days was going to solve everything. I'll take some time to think about what has changed.

Hope you have a great day.

I so know what you mean! I would love to know what your successes were. Are you going to post a success story in that forum thread? I agree that 30 days is not enough. I'm doing pretty well today. I feel rested and we're all getting on the same routine page for all of our personal and family goals... So we're moving forward. Hope today is better for you Almcc. The sugar dragon is a tough one to beat but we can! It will take everyday persistent good choices...You can do this!

Today was good. And it was day 30! Woohoo!! I'll posty success soon.

I signed up for the emails. They start tomorrow. I don't know where I'm going to do my food log.

Glad everything is going well. With the family too.

Have a great day!!

Archived