Started Whole 30 today need advice!!!

wkt1688

I just started the Whole 30 today. I'm doing it with my wife and a couple of friends, mainly to help encourage my wife. We think she is allergic to gluten so this plan will help her transition into a gluten-free lifestyle. On a day to day, I wake up at 5:15 am rush to get dress, get to the gym at 6 hit the shower by 7 and I am sitting in my cubicle by 7:30. I used to eat 1-2 packs of Lance's honey peanut butter crackers around 7:30-8 with water and a green tea. I would eat lunch around 11:30-12, and I always ate healty(ish) with an occasional cheat meal on fridays. For dinner, me and my wife ate pretty safe meals diet wise. I just really need help on how to fit in pre-workout, post-workout, breakfast, and lunch with no access to a kitchen from 5:30am-5:00pm. Ideas that I was thinking so far were making bulk protein on sundays for the week and cooking veggies daily for the next day. Also, I stubbled upon a post about egg muffins so I thought about trying those as well along with seeds. Any other ideas will greatly be appreciated!!!!! Thanks in advance!

You're definitely going to need the big cook up on the weekends with your schedule, cook up some ground meats, bake some sweet potatoes, hard boil a dozen eggs and chop up your veggies for the week, roast a few trays of them too while you're at it.

Grab and go things for the morning: hard boiled eggs, egg/meat muffins, frittata, left over dinner. Raw veg and protein like tuna or salmon mixed with mayo could be a good breakfast at your desk option. Do you at least have access to a microwave at work?? Pre making some ground or shredded meats with a variety of leftover veggies, with or without eggs, could be a good breakfast option. Salad with salmon or tuna is one of my favorite lunches, but the majority of the time I have left overs from last night's dinner.

Egg muffins are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good! I made mine with various vegetables at different times.... bacon, bell peppers, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, mushrooms... and they're so easy and good cold or warm. Also breakfast bakes (fritattas, crustless quiche ect...) Lunch for us is pretty much always leftovers from dinner and that makes it so easy.

Mason jar salads for work are great... but i had technical difficulties at first ... ( I didn't want to dirty a plate mixing the salad , or have landfill guilt) but I also want to shake (toss) my salad

( you pack the jars tight so they stay fresh... Allegedly up to a week...) so I started chopping and spinning cheap "why bother" iceberg lettuce for the top... And pull it out and toss it so there is room to shake...easy peasy...

Archived