Anticipating the end of my W30

abC

My whole30 ends on 4/23. i fly out to New Orleans for the weekend on 4/26. there isn't much time to reintroduce each food group separately by the time i leave and i really don't want to be hindered/bothered/handcuffed with reintroductions while i'm in NO. (i kinda would like to just eat freely...within a non-W30-person's reason.)

so i've devised a plan and would appreciate input to let me know if it's ok or not. i return on 4/30, on which i plan to stage a squeaky clean whole7 in hopes that it'll be enough time to clean out my system. from there, i will then have time to reintro each food group and see how it affects me.

my question is: is 7 days enough time to reset, or should i go 10? 14? or is this a bad idea all together? (dare i mention, this is my first time to NO, and all people seem to talk about are beignets and fried foods?! lol!)

Thanks in advance!!

abC

Hmmm you're not going to like this, but your Whole30 is the reset. And there's a reason it's a Whole30 and not a Whole7 or Whole 14 - you body needs those 30 days to clean out the system. I don't have any advice for how to handle the reintroduction (a Mod will have the best answer), but I've just gone through mine and it's definitely been a learning experience. Some foods that I was perfectly fine with pre-W30 made me feel less than perfectly fine when reintroduced, even in very small doses. I would be prepared for that once you hit New Orleans. Jumping straight back into eating anything you want may not leaving you feeling the best. Reintroduction is different for everyone, but be prepared for your body to react unpredictably.

I love New Orleans. My husband is from there. The food is amazing and fried, and spicy, and drizzled with sauces and bread is everywhere. It is very rich food and not sure if reintroduction is best done there. But from what I have read here, not everyone suffers stomach issues on reintro. My husband bailed on Whole30 after about 10 days and had no issues with food.

• Moderators

A 7 day clean up might be enough to let you have a good reintroduction experience, but it might not be. It depends upon your body. If you feel about as good after 7 days as you did after 30, you will be okay to test reintroductions and get good feedback from what happens. If you are far from where you were at the end of 30 days, your tests might not give you as much information as you need.

Archived