Binging since completing whole30

Tveen

I am so glad to come across this post. I was going to post one along the same lines but this sums up my experience perfectly. I am wheat, dairy and sugar intolerant and have a terrible sweet tooth. I completed my first whole30 recently. I felt absolutely fantastic on it, the extreme fatigue I have always battled with disappeared, no tummy aches and bloating and I lost 6.6 kgs. Then I finished the programme and fell back to eating what I did prior and bingeing. I just can't seem to control myself. I start the day great and then by about 3 pm give in to my cravings and I back to the cycle of guilt and self loathing. Anyway I am going to try and do a whole100 and hope that will slay the sugar dragon.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very new to this. I realized I was "binging" on fruit for the last couple of days. I attend OA meetings also and have been instructed by my nutritionist that this would be a good way to eat due to my health issues. I am 3 days in. I am not quitting but I am giving up the fruit unless it is cooked in a meal. Also the same with the nuts since they are so easy to eat. I look forward to hearing about all of your journeys. It sounds like we are all in the right place!

I am wondering:

How many people believe it is best to extend the Whole30 until the cravings are gone? Sugar, specifically.

I restarted Whole30 today after going 21 days with so-so results. Sugar cravings are WAY down, but I'll admit I allowed things to substitute for processed sugar like raisins and small amounts of stevia in my probiotic drink. I also snacked, which is the second bad behavior that brought me here.

I plan on sticking to the Whole? until I am feeling free from the sugar cravings. How long that takes, I don't know! My other option is to remain 100% sugar free until the cravings are gone, but adding back some grains (oats) and dairy if tolerated.

I think sometimes we face dragons for a reason. Can you imagine the insight you will have after battling this? This insight will benefit countless people that you will meet in your chosen career. You can do this; you are a bright, motivated and compassionate young woman ... look at what you have accomplished thus far.

There is a definitely a difference between recognizing your dragon and conquering it! I will extend my Whole30 to at least Whole45 in hopes of insuring that my "food is my drug" dragon has been laid to rest permanently; however, I know myself well enough to understand that there may very well be a new little dragon that will try to take its place. Look after yourself, and persevere. You will win your battle! :wub:

Archived