Crazy idea: TWO Crock Pots

whitjm5

I totally want another one! My roommate and I are both paleo/Whole30-ers, and we both loooooooove to eat! Two crockpots means we don't have to take turns. :D We also need a bigger grill! Hmmm, note to self...get rid of toaster, mixer, and waffle iron!

I totally want another one! My roommate and I are both paleo/Whole30-ers, and we both loooooooove to eat! Two crockpots means we don't have to take turns. We also need a bigger grill! Hmmm, note to self...get rid of toaster, mixer, and waffle iron!

Lol...I donated my toaster and waffle iron to my neighbor. The same neighbor I pimped my scale out to. :0)

I have three. I have an ancient 4 qt that I only use for parties. And two 6 qts - one was a shower present almost 8 years ago. The handle broke off, but I still use it. I bought the other one about 6 months ago. On any given Sunday, I have a chicken in one and some sort of pork in the other.

And we have a toaster and waffle iron, too. Um, and two Kitchen Aid's (Kohl's shipped me a second one by accident and just told me to keep it!) We have our own housewares department. :)

Just to tempt everyone..it's expensive, so don't look if you don't want the temptation. This is my newest member of my slow cooker family. I love it. I often brown things before slow cooking (roasts, carnitas, lamb shanks, stews etc.) so this is a dream come true for me.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-MSC-600-Central-6-Quart-Multi-Cooker/dp/B008YEXC22/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366214370&sr=8-2&keywords=3+in+one+slow+cooker

Spin, what do you do with your one QT. I have one that came with the first one I bought. It has sat on a pantry shelf. I look at it but never know what to do with it. It's not like I am going to make a cheese dip. :)

I have...several...Most I picked up at Goodwill for $3-5. I mostly use them for parties. I can have hot appetizers in different areas of the house instead of one central table. Improves the traffic flow and the conversation when everyone isn't piled around the buffet.

Before you spend your money on another crockpot, ask friends/coworkers if they have one they don't use. It's surprising how many people have one and it's gathering dust. You might get yourself one for free! B)

Great idea. Sometimes I get so excited I forget my brain. I'll be patient. If I can't find a neighbor/friend to give me one, I can always check yard sales or go thrift shopping. :-)

I also have three. Well, 4 if you count the one extra base in our basement! I broke the crock on two of mine and wouldn't you know it, buying a replacement crock is more expensive than just buying a whole new one. One of our working ones is actually a mixed set - base from one unit, crock & lid from another.

I also have three. Well, 4 if you count the one extra base in our basement! I broke the crock on two of mine and wouldn't you know it, buying a replacement crock is more expensive than just buying a whole new one. One of our working ones is actually a mixed set - base from one unit, crock & lid from another.

Yeah, our daughter stored ours poorly after doing dishes and it ended up falling and cracking. I found the same to be true. Just bought the same one brand new for $34. Still a great investment. We did a whole chicken in ours tonight. Tomorrow....WINGS!

Just to tempt everyone..it's expensive, so don't look if you don't want the temptation. This is my newest member of my slow cooker family. I love it. I often brown things before slow cooking (roasts, carnitas, lamb shanks, stews etc.) so this is a dream come true for me.

http://www.amazon.co...one+slow+cooker

I actually registered with the site just to say I added this to my Amazon wishlist. I'm drooling! Yes kitchen appliances do it for me.

[For the record (and to explain my lurking) I'm starting to eat Whole30-style on Sunday, interrupting for a beach trip in May, then I'm starting a literal Whole30 after I return. I quit Diet Coke a couple of weeks ago and already avoid grains and artificial sugars, so I just have a few more tweaks to make. Should be interesting!]

Archived