Day 3 and Loving It!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm on Day 3 and so far, so good. It's challenging to be prepared to follow the program closely, but I believe I'm getting the hang of it. I've started cooking in large batches so I always have things ready, I've read the book, and have been reading the forums for days now gathering useful information (Tom Denham, you seem to answer most of my questions in one thread or another, I thank you, earnestly). So far I haven't gone hungry, or tired, and I've already noticed my body feeling better. I'm coming off a Vegetarian Diet with lots of Shakeology, and it just wasn't making me feel as good as I'd like, so here I am. :o)

I still have questions, but I'll be reading through a bit more to get answers. The book suggests I not worry about things other conventional diets/nutritional wisdom tell me to worry about, so it's hard to break old habits. (For example, last night I had a lean chicken breast after my cross fit workout, and then 2 hours later I had another piece of chicken, with broccoli, sweet peppers (sautéed in coconut oil), and a roasted sweet potato w/ Cinnamon. Was this good? Is it bad to eat sweet potato at night? I thought night carbs were bad?)

This forum has been a huge help in my getting prepared to do Whole30, so I thank you all who contribute. I've borrowed recipes and ideas from a number of you, and I'll try to thank you all now that I'm actually registered. (I'm not normally one to register for forums, but this community seems awesome and helpful.)

Cheers,

Fonz

Welcome aboard! You are right, this is an awesome, welcoming forum. I've been on some where people lurked just to pounce on someone for doing it wrong. Here, they look for ways to help you get it right.

Ask all the questions you want. Someone will have the answers. Why are we so helpful? I think it's because we finally feel 'good'. We're finally nourished the proper way, and it makes you feel so fabulous that you can't wait to share.

• Moderators

I am glad my obsessive traits are helpful! B)

I know there are eating plans that have strict rules about when you eat starchy veggies like sweet potato, but I am not impressed that following such rules are productive.

I used to eat a sweet potato as my last "snack" of the day before bed. At the time, it seemed like I slept better on days I ate a sweet potato than on days I didn't.

Hehe, I'm obsessive too, so the more I know the better I'm off! Thank you! :)

So far I've been trying to just stick to the plan and have been having one with dinner. I either Crossfit or Do 2-3 Miles of Interval Sprints in the evening, so I've been keeping it some lean protein after the workout then dinner which includes a sweet potato 1-2 hours later.

I think my body is beginning to adjust, as I'm feeling a bit tired today. I'll be sure to throw in a sweet potato with lunch - I can't get enough of them. Is it cool to have one with lunch and another with dinner if I'm doing a Crossfit WOD later?

Archived