Starting my W30 on July 1st!!

MarissaLinnea

I just wanted to come on here and introduce myself. I'm Marissa and after a few failed attemtps, I am once again dedicating myself to doing the Whole 30. I went Primal on April 1st of this year and I really enjoy eating Primally, but I really want to give W30 a shot and see how I feel when I'm done.

I'm currently struggling with sugar binges which is the whole reason that I went Primal in the first place. I am reading a new book called "Brain over Binge" and I'm hoping this will help me move past binging once and for all.

I'm so excited to get going on my W30! My perspective feels new and fresh about it this time, and I know that I can do this! Can't wait to get to know everyone!

I am starting July 1st as well combining a local Crossfit gym challenge and the Whole 30 and hope that will keep me motivated for the full 30 days!

I also struggle with sugar binges and have yet to be able to stop for more than a week. Most of the time I eat Paleo but end up going off the rails even though I know exactly how bad it is for me.

I also know I can do this and I know that you can do this. I have in the past gotten away from sugar for more than a year and felt amazing and lost 100lbs. I know this is possible and within my grasp.

I am looking forward to joining you on the Whole 30 and hopefully a healthier relationship with the food we eat!

*hugs*

Michele

So nice to meet you Michele! Those sugar binges really are the pits, huh? I hate it. The longest I have gone was three weeks when I first went Primal. Beyond that I seem to have a binge that lasts from a day to a few days at a time, and the binges happen about every 8-10 days. So interesting how they seem to have a pattern.

The book seems to help me though. It makes you look at binging behavior in a totally different way.

It's nice to meet you too MarissaLinnea! :)

Sugar binges are the pits! I was free of that for a year then I allowed myself to have dates and found I couldn't stop at a few I would eat the whole container of dates. Then it was raisins and dried fruits then back to the chocolate and beyond. I think for me it is emotional and stress eating and lately my life has felt pretty stressful and unsettled.

That is interesting that your binges are following a pattern. Mine might be too I should maybe pay more attention to that.

I am still working my way through the book and have gotten through the chapter on sugar and why it is bad. I am putting the brakes on food with no brakes!! :) I am also looking for more support for disordered eating so if the book Brain over Binge is helpful please let me know I will put it next up on my reading list!

It's nice to meet you too MarissaLinnea! :)

Sugar binges are the pits! I was free of that for a year then I allowed myself to have dates and found I couldn't stop at a few I would eat the whole container of dates. Then it was raisins and dried fruits then back to the chocolate and beyond. I think for me it is emotional and stress eating and lately my life has felt pretty stressful and unsettled.

That is interesting that your binges are following a pattern. Mine might be too I should maybe pay more attention to that.

I am still working my way through the book and have gotten through the chapter on sugar and why it is bad. I am putting the brakes on food with no brakes!! :) I am also looking for more support for disordered eating so if the book Brain over Binge is helpful please let me know I will put it next up on my reading list!

So far the book has been helpful. But, I'm only 3 days out from my last binge day, so the real test will come after a week, week and a half or so. I pray that it works for me, because I'm really done with this cycle.

Starting July 1 here too (with my mom, her best friend, and maybe my sister). My biggest problem is feeding myself in a regular and healthy way. I cannot wake up in the morning/come home from work and forage like a feral toddler for something edible. It just doesn't work. I'm a grown up and I need to eat like one.

Good luck to everyone!

Starting July 1 here too (with my mom, her best friend, and maybe my sister). My biggest problem is feeding myself in a regular and healthy way. I cannot wake up in the morning/come home from work and forage like a feral toddler for something edible. It just doesn't work. I'm a grown up and I need to eat like one.

Good luck to everyone!

Awesome and welcome aboard!! lmao @ "feral toddler"......

Ha! Feral toddler. I love it

I'm Jessica and did a W30 in May. I started eating Paleo/Primal in April and lost 15 pounds and stopped taking allergy medicine. My energy levels have improved as well as my constant need to eat. My husband was telling me this spring that I just needed to learn to be hungry - I say I just needed to find Paleo.

Over the past two weeks I found myself becoming more lax and my weight has been stagnant. The decision point though for me to do another W30 in July was on Wednesday I came home stressed/tired/who knows and ordered Chinese food. I've never inhaled an egg roll so fast in my life. I "felt better" after the soup and egg roll and stopped (the left overs are actually still in the fridge), but within hours my nose was stuffy and I slept Ike crap with terrible restless legs. I want to further clean my system out and drop some more weight. I like feeling better.

I'm starting July 1st too. Yay! We have a whole team! I am looking forward to that "magic" thing that happens in week 3 where you feel fantastic. As of now, I am tired ALL the time! Of course, it doesn't help that I never really get a good night's sleep due to my 1-year-old's sleep habits...

Happy to be a part of this group! I am ready to see the benefits/rewards of a full 30 days of clean Paleo. I posted "Good-bye belly fat and bloat" a few minutes ago under Join the Whole30. My story is there. :)

I'm starting today, too! This is my 2nd Whole30 (first was in January). I did really well during my first one, and stuck with it for a couple of weeks after that, but then I went totally off the rails. I've spent the last couple of weeks trying to ease myself back into better eating habits before starting a formal Whole30 again.

Today, I'm prepping for a successful 1st week. I've got sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash in the oven, chicken on the grill, hardboiled eggs ready for snacks, and several pounds of veggies waiting to be prepped and pre-cooked for dinners. After that, I'm making a big pan of sausage, egg, and veggie frittata for my breakfasts. It's going to be a great week!

I look forward to getting to know you all better. Good luck to you!

Tara

Hi everyone. I'm starting today too. I had black coffee, scrambled eggs with ground turkey breast, salsa, and avocado for breakfast. Very yummy! I eat pretty clean as the norm, but the hardest things for me to do without will be Greek yogurt, whey protein power (choc & strawberry flavors) and alcohol. I'm going to go clean out the kitchen now and toss the flour, sugar, sweeteners, ketchup, etc. I can't remember the last time I used them anyway. For the record, I am a young 50 yr old woman, single and live alone so it's all about me. I have a co-worker who lives mostly Paleo and did the Whole30 several months ago. She assures me I'm going to feel amazing by completing the program. It's great to be able to talk to her about it and now we have each other too. I wish for all of us the best possible experience. Yay us!

dendan

ok, how is everyone's first day going? i have a slight headache from no coffee/sugar..... i went to my local whole foods store and got all the goodies for the week, plus i found some good ideas for meals, i go back to work tom from vacation and may find it easier to focus with being busy. i also just started crossfit last week and i am the worst one there by how out of shape i am....... soooo i am really hoping to accomplish alot this month with starting both things........i hope everyone is doing well

I'm also starting a W30 today. I first started eating primal/paleo about two years ago, but went seriously off-plan over the winter and spring due to stress and lack of energy to cook (I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue last summer and am still working on recovering). I'm hoping that a Whole30 will help me drop the 15lbs/2 sizes that I've put on over the past eight months, fix some of my sleep issues (insomnia, restless sleep), and help speed up my recovery from adrenal fatigue.

I'm off to the store now to pick up ingredients for tonight's dinner!

Me too!

I have a monster headache right now from my first day without Diet Mountain Dew. I actually made it, which makes me very happy, except for the headache part, LOL. I had a couple of cups of tea this morning, but it looks like that's about 1/2-1/3 what I normally have.

But I'm willing to suffer it, LOL, because I made it a day without Diet Dew! That's a HUGE accomplishment for me.

The Diet Dew was 'Dewing' you no favors! Glad you've released it from your diet! Goodbye Dew. Hello, health!!

LOL! I'll have to remember that tomorrow when I'm on my way to work...I have a feeling it'll be a daily struggle for a while...

Archived