Feeling weak and tired

Yesterday was Day 10 for me and I have been following the meal plan religiously. I've felt really good and things have been going well, but a combination of being really busy and my trainer being out of town meant I hadn't worked out since Day 3. I had a session with my trainer and after 30 minutes on the elliptical, I had a terrible time with the weight part of the workout. I felt really weak, my heart was racing, my face was really red, and I could barely make it through my sets. I had followed the meal plan all day without feeling hungry, and I had a pre-WO snack, but still felt terrible. Any ideas or recommendations?

• Moderators

Day 10 is the middle of the worst time for many people, so there is that. And you have been so busy that you had not worked out in a week. Maybe you are extra tired from being so busy? Have you been sleeping good? Maybe you are getting sick? To offer more help, we would need to know what you have been eating for the past week. Maybe you have not been eating enough. You might not have eaten enough starchy veggies for carbs and so lacked adequate energy. Maybe you have not been drinking enough water.

I am on Day 16. I have had 2-3 days while doing this that I felt tired and blah. I have found that you really need to make sure you are drinking enough water. At Crossfit, they have told us to drink half our body weight in ounces of water. (For example if you weigh 150 pounds, then drink 75 ounces of water each day). And even add some extra if you exercise that day. I think it sounds like you maybe didn't hydrate well enough the day before you exercised and possibly even the day you exercised. It really makes a huge difference! Good luck!!

Archived