Whoa! Whole Awesome!

rattnroll

So yesterday was the last day of my Whole 40 (I had a few mess-ups the first week and decided to extend my W30 by 10 days).

First things first, I feel in many ways like a recovering addict. I had such a toxic relationship with food, and with dieting and the program has done an enormous amount to fix those problems. I gained a lot of weight in college, and was 35-40 pounds heavier than I should have been. I lost the weight through calorie counting, but it didn't fix my relationship with food. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS, and gained back 10 pounds. Since then, I haven't been able to lose those 10 pounds and have dealt with very mild stomach issues and general problems like skin issues, fatigue, etc. that probably come from having PCOS and hypothryoid.

Now, I won't say that the W30 has cured all my ails. I did bloodwork and my thryoid levels remained normal, and my PCOS symptoms really have gone away with birth control. But man, I feel AMAZING now!!! The proof is really in the details. I can now go 5-7 hours in between meals. Before, a few hours after eating I would be lightheaded, dizzy, and seriously cranky. Some of my skin problems have really improved. I am able to get out of bed in the mornings! I don't feel like I'm starving myself! And best of all, I've been able to lose a little over 4 pounds.

Above all though, this has done wonders to my relationship with food. I won't pretend - there are still mental blocks there - over the weekend I could have slapped someone for a cheeseburger and fries because my mind was telling me "Yummmm" and my body was telling me "um, no? you are fine." And I did not slay the sugar dragon completely. Next W30 I plan on working on that, less fruit, more veggies.

Was my W30 perfect? Hell no. I had serious blunders the first week, and even afterwards I caught myself using ingredients I shouldn't have (hello Liquid Smoke, I'm looking at you - but it was warm and dang if I wasn't excited to use my grill). Could I afford grassfed meat? No, but I bought good stuff when I could.

Am I super happy? Hell yes! This is the best I have felt in years and years, and to top if off - i am about to take law school exams (which is insanity at its best). I am really appreciative of the help I have found on this forum, and for ISWF. It has made such a great impact in my life.

So thank you!!! I'm now going to scrutinize my before and after photos and then get back to studying!

So yesterday was the last day of my Whole 40 (I had a few mess-ups the first week and decided to extend my W30 by 10 days).

First things first, I feel in many ways like a recovering addict. I had such a toxic relationship with food, and with dieting and the program has done an enormous amount to fix those problems. I gained a lot of weight in college, and was 35-40 pounds heavier than I should have been. I lost the weight through calorie counting, but it didn't fix my relationship with food. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS, and gained back 10 pounds. Since then, I haven't been able to lose those 10 pounds and have dealt with very mild stomach issues and general problems like skin issues, fatigue, etc. that probably come from having PCOS and hypothryoid.

Now, I won't say that the W30 has cured all my ails. I did bloodwork and my thryoid levels remained normal, and my PCOS symptoms really have gone away with birth control. But man, I feel AMAZING now!!! The proof is really in the details. I can now go 5-7 hours in between meals. Before, a few hours after eating I would be lightheaded, dizzy, and seriously cranky. Some of my skin problems have really improved. I am able to get out of bed in the mornings! I don't feel like I'm starving myself! And best of all, I've been able to lose a little over 4 pounds.

Above all though, this has done wonders to my relationship with food. I won't pretend - there are still mental blocks there - over the weekend I could have slapped someone for a cheeseburger and fries because my mind was telling me "Yummmm" and my body was telling me "um, no? you are fine." And I did not slay the sugar dragon completely. Next W30 I plan on working on that, less fruit, more veggies.

Was my W30 perfect? Hell no. I had serious blunders the first week, and even afterwards I caught myself using ingredients I shouldn't have (hello Liquid Smoke, I'm looking at you - but it was warm and dang if I wasn't excited to use my grill). Could I afford grassfed meat? No, but I bought good stuff when I could.

Am I super happy? Hell yes! This is the best I have felt in years and years, and to top if off - i am about to take law school exams (which is insanity at its best). I am really appreciative of the help I have found on this forum, and for ISWF. It has made such a great impact in my life.

So thank you!!! I'm now going to scrutinize my before and after photos and then get back to studying!

WOOHOO! CONGRATS! So happy that you had a good ride, welcome to your post-whole 30 life :)

Archived