Started Today- 28Jun12

Tina

Hello!

I am excited to be doing the Whole30! I started this morning (after reading 'It Starts With Food' overnight), and so far I think I am off to a good start. I am the only one in a house of 4 adults and 1 child doing the Whole30, but seeing as I do most of the cooking, it shouldn't be to hard (and who knows, maybe everyone else will benefit as well).

I recently discovered that my 6yo daughter and I have issues with gluten and dairy. That has led us to pay more attention to how other foods make us feel. Since then, we have discovered that neither of us can tolerate chicken eggs (but duck eggs are ok) or oatmeal (even gf). I can't tolerate rice, or many of the other gf grains, as well as chicken, onions, celery, and cucumbers.

In my search for grain free baking/cooking recipes, I discovered the paleo way of life and it hit a chord. In the last few months since cutting out offending foods, I have been thrilled to find that both my daughter and I feel SO much better. I can't wait to see how much better it can get after the Whole30.

I am glad to be here and I look forward to "meeting" other like-minded people.

Tina

Currently living in Iowa, but moving to Montana in October.

#$@! Earlier today I whipped up some awesome marinade to go on some lamb kabobs from theclothesmakethegirl. I looked at the lemon juice, saw that it was 100% juice and took it at face value.

I really should have read the label. The lemon juice has sodium matbisulfite. Grr. Now I have to decide if I should eat it and just start over tomorrow (cause I am only on my 2nd day), but really, that's not the point is it?

Biggest problem is, all the other meat I can eat is frozen except for eggs.

Sigh. Guess I should have picked up that $5 bottle of lemon juice from the food co-op...

Archived