day 25 and not feeling awesome....

I am finishing up day 25. I have been sticking to the plan well. I had a little confusion on the pre/post work out meals, but other than that I have been doing really well. I do enjoy the food and don't mind too much all the prep that goes into it. I haven't been craving (even chocolate and wine, which I thought would be impossible!). I have also been getting bloated and cut out nuts... Still feeling bloated and having some headaches.

However, I have started feeling tired again. I have been running 3-4 times per week (approx 10-16 miles) and doing home workouts on off days. Yesterday I felt like I could barely run 2 miles and today my home work out was poor. I have been getting sleep and eating enough (I think), why would I not be feeling amazing right now? I am really discouraged that I made it this far and don't have the tiger's blood feeling?? I feel like I felt better last week!

This may be TMI, but I have the Mirena and I don't really get a period, so I don't know where I am in my cycle. I guess I should pay more attention to that... It might be that time of the month!

I try to make sure that I drink enough water throughout the day. That is all I drink except for 1 cup of green tea or coffee in the morning...

My daughter recently started having nightmares so she has woken me up a few times in the last few nights, so maybe it is that. I am only awake for a few minutes and am able to fall right back to sleep. But the past few nights have been interrupted sleep....

I hope you are feeling better. I am on day 30 and I am experiencing the same thing. I am in much worse shape now then when I started W30. I long to go back to my normal 80% Paleo-eating, and work out hard again. Especially the high intensity cardio becomes difficult for me, while I am on W30.

Have you had any insight into what's causing this or how to fix it? I'm on day 21 and I'm exhausted all the time. If I work out, I pass out. I have to take a nap in my car at the gym after I work out because I'm not safe to drive home in the state I'm in. I think I'm eating enough (I don't get hungry until right before meal time), and I'm staying hydrated. Not sure what to try next.

Have you had any insight into what's causing this or how to fix it? I'm on day 21 and I'm exhausted all the time. If I work out, I pass out. I have to take a nap in my car at the gym after I work out because I'm not safe to drive home in the state I'm in. I think I'm eating enough (I don't get hungry until right before meal time), and I'm staying hydrated. Not sure what to try next.

This is not normal or safe. Can you give us a food log and exercise lig to look at?

Here's a pretty typical day for me:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with red bell peppers or onions. A banana, sometimes 1/2 an avacado too.

Gym: I'm doing mostly strength training--weights and such--no cardio because I don't have the energy.

Lunch: Big salad with either 2 hard boiled eggs or a chicken breast. Olive oil dressing and slivered almonds for garnish

Snack: an orange or apple

Dinner: Steak or chicken and assorted vegetables, sometimes another salad too with berries for dessert.

Trish, I notice a couple of things about your meals but not sure it would add up to feeling as weak as you do. 2 eggs is light on protein. You should eat as many eggs as you can hold in your hand. The meal template is what I go by whether on a W something or not. You also seem a bit heavy on fruit. The problem with that is it pushes more nutritious foods off of your plate. I find that I do much better if I eat starchy vegetables at least once a day. Are you getting 1-2 thumbsized amounts of fat with each meal?

This stuff may come down to not eating enough carbohydrate.

Often when people go "strict" for a month, and feel terrible, the situation is similar. They maintain their same activity level, or increase it because they want to see as much progress as they can during this month, but drop the carbohydrate down significantly, either by accident, or to try and "lean out". It's important to eat enough food, and enough of the type of food you need.

Trish, you may benefit from an increase in protein as mentioned by slw600, but the carbohydrate seems very low as well. And depending on how much avocado, olive oil, nuts, and the cut of your beef, it seems like you're eating lowish amounts of fat on top of it all. Try adding some coconut oil or butter to your veg, and including some starch/fruit in your meals.

Medlemen, a sample log of your meals would be helpful in this situation.

Thanks for all the responses! I ended up taking 2 days off from working out and adding more sweet potatoes, butter nut squash and beets to my meals and I feel better. Still not tiger's blood awesome, but not nearly as fatigued as I was last week!

The past few days (after 2 rest days, feeling much better!):

Saturday:

pre-work out 1 hard boiled egg, handful of macadamia nuts

ran 3 miles

post-workout 1 hard boiled egg and banana

M1: organic chicken sausage, kale, beets

M2: left over dijon pork, butternut squash and brussel sprouts

M3: taco ground beef, salad with beet greens, tomatoes and avocado, handful of grapes

Sunday:

M1: chicken sausage, beets, bowl of berries, small handful of raw cashews

M2: dijon pork, butternut squash, brussel sprouts,

M3: coconut chicken tenders, roasted broccoli, sweet potato with ghee

Monday:

pre workout: 2 eggs

ran 8 miles

post work out: 2 eggs, sweet potato with ghee and cinammon, roasted broccoli

M1: coconut chicken, roasted broccoli

M2: grilled chicken breast, apple, almond butter

M3: spaghetti squash tossed with olive oil and pepper, homemade tomato sauce, meat balls

Archived