Cooking with Olive Oil?

lhenkin

there's an interesting discussion about olive oil at Mark's Daily Apple http://www.marksdail.../#axzz2QtRZzcKk Just note that he talks about using grassfed butter, whereas on a W30 it would have to be clarified or made into ghee

Thanks for the link, Kirsteen. I roast all my veggies in olive oil. They are usually coming straight from the fridge, and I normally don't have time to bring them to room temperature first. Coconut oil and ghee tend to solidify on them. They wind up unevenly coated and it shows in the end product. Also, in an attempt to coat them evenly, I use a lot more of those than I do of OO.

Thanks for the link, Kirsteen. I roast all my veggies in olive oil. They are usually coming straight from the fridge, and I normally don't have time to bring them to room temperature first. .

I'm exactly the same except I air fry mine but I swish em in XVOO first

Personally I don't buy into the idea that olive oil oxides in high heat.I smell it after cooking to make sure. I buy Trader Joes Extra Virgin Olive Oil and use at least a liter a week. I also smell it first, as you can tell if it goes bad. Although I am that "one" who will send olive oil back in a fancy restaurant. I burn coconut oil more often than olive oil.

Archived