You put WHAT on top of my grass-fed meat???

Jinkse21

I am on day 18 of the program (yea me! :D) and I find myself getting mad at my husband when I cook dinner for the both of us using the more expensive grass-fed meats or pastured chicken or seafood and he proceeds to pour over or dip it in Ranch, Mayo, or, yes, even chunks of cream cheese! He is not doing this with me and doesn't care that the crap he is eating is so terribly bad for him. I typically only cook for me because of our work schedules but when I cook for both of us and he adds that stuff, I just want to punch him! LOL I have become pretty stingy with what I will let him eat...he feels very privileged when I give him my leftovers! B)

Does anyone else get frustrated with their signifacant others/friends/family "molesting" their wonderfully healthy meals???

I actually let my husband take the leftover butter chicken with him to work today (possibly because I wanted to have a lie in and not get up to make him sandwiches), but usually the leftovers are MINE.

He doesn't tend to molest my wonderfully healthy meals, but immediately after eating he'll decide that he fancies a cup of coffee and nuts or biscuits.

My current Whole30 is actually my easiest one precisely because my husband is not doing it with me this time. When it was both of us, I'd come home to an empty fridge because he'd be shoveling in all my lovely healthy pre-cooked foods and leftovers while he was at home (he works from home and eats when he gets bored)! I was making SOOO much food just so that there would be enough for me!

Now, because he's not on it with me, he leaves my healthy stuff alone and eats crap. I'm not sure which case is better!?!

We both eat the good meat (even when not Whole30) and he tends to over-season his steaks or cuts even though I try to convince him to just TASTE it as it is, but at least he's not dousing it in unhealthy sauces or anything. I think because he sees how special (and expensive) these meats are, he is more apt to try and appreciate them.

• Moderators

I did, but I got over it. Even when my wife adds a bagel with peanut butter to a meal, I would rather she ate grass-fed roast than bring home McDonald's drive through. And I really wish she would eat more than just the baked sweet potatoes I keep in the refrigerator, even if she melted cheese on it.

Yes, my husband does this, but I stopped caring (well, out loud anyway). If he wants to deconstruct my lettuce wrapped burgers and put them on bread and smother with cheese and ketchup, fine. I've accepted that I can't make him eat what I want him to eat. Just like I know it bugs him sometimes that I won't get desert with him or I won't go to certain restaurants anymore (i.e. a place called The Buttery by us which is basically overpriced Aldi food cooked up for you - seriously, Ramen is on the menu). We eat very differently these days, but I'll accept him "ruining" my pretty food over listening to him complain about it any day!

Archived