Five days left and the home stretch motivation is waning

I have finally accepted that I am not going to be one of those on the Whole30 program who is looking to make it farther than the actual 30 days. ^_^ I'm okay with that. I am gluten-intolerant, so at least breads (and possibly all grains, including gluten-free) won't be a part of my life after this. And I don't miss sugar so that may be an occasional treat as well.

But for now, I have 5 days left. I have been 100% compliant w/little to no cravings or "wants". But yesterday, I had a large quantity of macadamia nuts while cooking dinner and I realized this is how my issues start. Take a little; take some more; totally go off track whatever that track may be.

I am getting rid of the macadamia nuts today (passing off to a friend), so that issue is taken care of thankfully. But I'm starting to look at these last few days as an uphill climb -- in a manner that I didn't experience way back at the beginning.

I'd really like to see this through and not give up. How does one stay motivated so close to the end? I can't seem to find posts of folks having a hard time the last few days.

Thanks in advance!

On days I struggle to want to go to the gym, I picture myself being done and a great big smile on my face.

I think the same applies here. Imagine yourself successfully completing the 30 days, looking in the mirror at yourself and saying "YOU DID IT!"

When you started you thought I can do ANYTHING for 30 days. Now, just say you can do anything for five days!

I've found that buying a few things that I haven't been having has kept me from feeling deprived of everything that I'm not allowed to have. Nothing exciting, just a bottle of fizzy water and some expensive marinated olives.

I experienced the same thing and I found that trying a couple of new recipes (ones that were pretty far out of my comfort zone) really helped.

I think there are probably one of three things (or a combination) going on: 1) knowing that you are near the end 2) your body is giving you one last ditch effort to get you to 'give up'/'cheat'/etc and 3) boredom.

Shake it up. Give yourself a new mini challenge for days 25 - 30. Soldier on.

You can do this!

Archived