Whole 60 done, here's to continuing good habits!

Collegegal82

It's been an interesting 2 months. Made a lot of progress but still have to keep things tightened up I think. Ended up making a coconut milk smoothie with my breakfast this morning and it has brought my sugar cravings back with a vengeance. Not sure if this is something I can have on ocasion or if I'll have to limit it completely. Weird how quick the cravings can come back. For some reason I want skittles.... Trying to resist. Lol

• Moderators

Wow, that's really interesting. Was it non compliant foods in the smoothie, or just the sense memory of the food's form that was the trigger for you?

Before W30 I started everyday with a protein smoothie made with coconut milk. I thought it was so virtuous and clean, but it's amazing what W30 has taught me about eating real food. The morning smoothie was something I hoped to add back in post W30, so I'm really curious what you think the cause is.

I'm thinking that it's that I considered it to kind of be a treat as in something I rarely have. Possibly more psychological then anything else. It was just coconut milk and frozen fruit. So it's quite strange.

I may possibly make myself go on another 30 days because clearly the sugar dragon isn't gone. Yet this is the first time I've craved sugar in 60 days. Eating very strict has caused my monthly cycle to be irregular too (haven't had one since feb) so maybe it's an indicator that is incoming hense the cravings. No possibility of being pregnant, hormones are probably out of whack.

• Moderators

That makes sense. My sugar dragon is such a beast that fruit is a food with no brakes for me. Basically anything sweet sets her off.

Best of luck getting your hormones in their sweet spot. They can be a real bugger. I'm working with a functional medicine doc on mine. Lots of supplements, manual therapy AND Whole 30. No doubt all our efforts are worth it, though!

I'm buckling back down with clean eating today, not that I've done bad or anything. Ended up eating out with the family last night and went to one of those create your own stir fry style places. I'm sure I could have ate better at home but sometimes is okay from my prospective. I Decided to start logging my foods on here to 1) keep myself accountable and 2) I'm trying to get an idea as far as to if I'm actually eating enough.

This mornings breakfast consisted of a chicken breast, 2 cut up carrots and 1 collared green leaf streamed. 1 tablespoon of ghee.

More to follow.

Another day of clean eating, cravings are staying away and I find I'm not doing the boredom eating thing that I had been doing. Progress.

Meal one: chicken breast, carrots and collard greens.

Meal two: top sirloin steak, sautéed onions and mushrooms, and mashed cauliflower

Meal three: pork chop, sautéed onions and mushrooms, and zucchini noodles.

Waking up at 2am wide awake officially sucks! I did get 6 hours sleep though. The last two days I've been falling asleep early and waking up way too early... Or earlier then I would like. Chances are this will lead to a nap day.

In other news I'm thinking about starting up a running program.

I'm curious, how often do people go grocery shopping when following clean eating? Because, man, I just went shopping Saturday and it seems like I'm going to run out of veggies way too soon. I usually try and get two veggies with each meal sometimes 3.

Today was a day filled with awesomeness even though I slept like crap. I started my first day of the C25k and surprisingly it went quite well I'm hoping that I can actually keep this up because I would like to find some other physical activity to do besides walking. I'd like to join a gym too but currently I don't have the funds for that. Something is better then nothing through in my book.

Meal 1: Steak, zucchini noodles, baby carrots, 1 tablespoon of ghee

Meal 2: Grilled boneless pork chop, mashed cauliflower, sauteed mushrooms and onions, 1 tablespoon of ghee

Meal 3: Chicken breast, broccoli, and a mashed sweet potato

Archived