Moreover, if you have some time to spare you might like the podcast I randomly picked this morning. It's an old one. I like this lady, because she is focusing on women health primarily. Eating, hormones, body image. What I really like about her is that she is a bit of a marginal from a "classic paleo" perspective. She eats right before bed and lived 3 months without mirrors. Which is another fascinating topic. Women and mirrors.

I love Stefanie Ruper, and on an Abel James show? Two gorgeous voices together!!

Have you listened to her own series Nadia - live.love.eat, it is very good.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moreover, if you have some time to spare you might like the podcast I randomly picked this morning. It's an old one. I like this lady, because she is focusing on women health primarily. Eating, hormones, body image. What I really like about her is that she is a bit of a marginal from a "classic paleo" perspective. She eats right before bed and lived 3 months without mirrors. Which is another fascinating topic. Women and mirrors.

I love Stefanie Ruper, and on an Abel James show? Two gorgeous voices together!!

Have you listened to her own series Nadia - live.love.eat, it is very good.

I was a machine today at power yoga. And my husband went with me. And I looked really cute and the class was packed. I totally drenched this top. I felt like an ATHLETE.

post-14185-13701186749545_thumb.jpg

Spent the afternoon working out at our land. I achieved some wicked hat hair, but by the time I got to relax under the pergola in the hammock with the kiddos I just wanted a pic to remember a happy time and happy day. Even though I don't find this picture to be particularly flattering, I love it. It's because of Beets' honesty about this topic that I could let go of only sharing my "best" shots, and instead feel good about sharing, and reveling in, honest reality.

post-14185-13701495193113_thumb.jpg

Your youngest is a copy of the Dad. You are all look real and I love it about this photo. It reminds me about the days when we took a lucky shot for the sake of capturing the moment with old film cameras. No multiple pictures to choose from, but we were glad that we had those. They were real real real. I am not against digital by no means, it's just different.

I really like the top too, very flattering. I can't pull off such pletted things.

Aw. Your little guys are cute! And you look like a happy mama. Those are the photos your kids will love when they are our age. Relaxing outside in the shade looks delightful. I also took a pic of me and my daughter today, thinking back to our photo conversation.

I'm so embarrassed about having a thread I participated in shut down by Melissa- and I insulted her on top of it. Stupid SWYPO debates- I should know better by now to even engage in them- and this one particular was annoying and frustrating. My intent was to defend the rules while empathize my with the Op's sentiments, but due to some bad word choices, the fuzziness of the Internet altogether, and perhaps a harsh tone it just ended very badly with a kind of scolding from Melissa, and I almost didn't even want to post on here anymore at all. I won't be commenting on any other treads besides ones I have already posted in that's for sure. I don't really even need to read any new ones, and I haven't been much lately anyways. I wish I had never commented on that thread! And it's not even a big deal, but I'm sensitive, I don't like to hurt feelings or be misunderstood and I think I did both.

I'm over thinking this obvsly. I have not been obsessing about it all day, but it has popped into my mind a few times and I just wanted to let it out right in the very place it attached itself to me.

I've been off-roading and almost don't want to say what I ate- not because I'm ashamed but because I don't want my AIP sisters to get jealz over all the night shades and eggs I've been eating ;)

But here it is anyways!

M1: plantain tostada, scrambled egg, sausage kind of folded up like a taco, coffee w/ cream and dab of honey

@ 11-mocha latte w/ half the mocha (at my fave coffee shop, the kids drank milk and played connect four at a somewhat distant table while my husband and I sat in armchairs by ourselves sort of stunned by a semi-alone time, it was awesome. It took me till 6:45 to have the last sip of my coffee

@1:30- lunch at the in-laws, storebought rotisserie chicken, homemade mashed potatoes with butter, canned corn (typical!)

Afternoon grazin'-salami slices, cheese cubes, Tina salad, carrots, sugar snap peas

Dinner: stir fry inspired by but in no way resembling well fed pad Thai- butternut squash cubes (precut, from Walmart of all places, what!), broccoli, red bell peppers, ginger, garlic and shrimp with a sauce of coconut milk, cashews, fish sauce and coconut amigos (how my 6 yr old says it), topped with fresh lime juice, cilantro and cashews (totally w30 compliant!)

Also, 3 gluten free beers over the course of the evening. Planted my container garden! Carrots, chives, heirloom tomato called "homestead", heirloom yellow crookneck squash, sage, green beans, and delicata squash. A few flowers too.

I was a total busy body all day from that coffee. It was like a drug. A useful drug. I am swelled with love of life. Is that the coffee?!

Also found some short shorts in a thrift store with no size in them. They are stretchy denim and loose, hang low. Super comfy, super cute. Hemmed roll that is shorter in front and longer in back. Love. If the size was in there, I suspect it would be larger than I would have allowed myself to feel on about. But because it wasn't I sashayed in those shorts all afternoon and felt amazing. Lesson learned? F$&@ CLOTHING SIZES. WHO CARES?! No one knows but you and even then it doesn't need to matter.

This is prolly the longest post I've ever made. I have carpal tunnel now. Thx coffee, I'm rambling. Gonna be a melatonin kind of night.

Michelle..don't feel badly. It was not you that Melissa had a problem with. You stuck up for the program. You were goaded by someone who does that like it's their job. You got sucked in but you were not the problem. So there.

That makes me feel a little better, though she did say it was the word "cult" that was the straw that broke the camels back. While I wasn't the first to use it, I did repeat it, in what I hoped was an obvious togue-in-cheek way, as in w30 has a cult following like Arrested Development has a cult following... Ai ai ai.

I read that thread Moluv and for what it's worth, I was nodding my head along with everything you said.  I would have trouble explaining the SWYPO thing to someone who doesn't get it, but I get what the reasons behind it are now.  I thought you made good, helpful comments.

Love the picture of you and your boys!  They're adorable :)

Oh Moluv, I've been there too, I don't think Melissa was upset with you though. I got a ticking off for being harsh (me?) in a similar coversation, the swypo is really the religion/politics debate that always causes friction eh? I have also been attacked by another poster for acting like "paleo police" :rolleyes: and I was disturbed by the whole thing too.

Have a good day hun.

Hmmm, I think I commented on that post too, wish I could re read it LOL.

We have all made that mistake of hurting feelings and being misunderstood... Particularly easy to do with Internet media.... It does leave a bad taste in your mouth...

We still love you!

I found it and could re read it, OMG.

I agree you weren't the one in the bad books. And I liked your sense of humour!

Ugh. That thread! I wanted to ignore it but it kept sucking me back in. I wanted to write "don't feed the trolls," but I didn't.

I also felt embarrassed that I participated.

I don't think you said anything unfair. You shared your experience and you tried to empathize so that your experience might be met with a more open stance. But I also had the same thought: I'm not participating in any threads but our own from here on out.

Of course I have an addiction to pressing the Tapatalk button every time I'm waiting for the elevator, waiting for the kettle to boil, or just have two minutes to spare (that usually turns into way more).

• Moderators

Now I'm sorry I missed that thread. I'm glad you've received some confirmation that you weren't the problem, Mo.

Happyhappy for new happy-making shorts and the realization that sizes don't matter. Even though I'm a big size baby, I get it. My problem is the clothes in my closet that fit not so long ago but now don't--regardless of size. Maybe I need to stop comparing myself to my previous self, but since I had a glimmer of what's possible, and I felt so good then, I can't seem to let it go.

I'm glad, not jealous, that you can happily off road successfully. You're living the dream!

Archived