Little pink bumps, gas, inability to handle stress, joint stiffness (mild). I have all of this at the moment. And this general skin crawling feeling which makes me cringe when the kids climb on me, I have no desire to be touched at all. This may be peanut related. I'm also kind of itchy all over, made worse by three mosquito bites :( at the end of this w30, I will decide if I should do reintros or go full on AIP for a month.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh darling. I remember one day after first wh30 I wanted peanuts so bad. I used to love peanut butter so much. I was dying from this craving. I ate a peanut butter larabar. It tasted disgusting. I bought raw peanuts. I ate a handful. It took me 4 days to recover. Seriously. It was so bad both physically and mentally. Brrrrrr. 

I commiserate :( One clean day is what we all need. It's hard. I find that after off roading it's nearly impossible to have a clean day right away. Some random stuff creeps in regardless. Oh well. Mental workout for us. 

If you have a bit of time maybe some yoga outdoors? Or at least a walk. You probably feel like a ton heavier and that your feet can't move (my usual symptoms), but moving is actually very helpful.

Beets, going to read the article. Thanks!

post-14185-13703753181913_thumb.jpg

My rationale for stopping buying all grassfed/pasture raised proteins and organic produce, and imported stuff like coconut products is that if we are spending $1600 a month on food (no lie! Family of 4) then the longer it will take us to finish building our house in the country (alternative building methods, paying cash) and thus the longer it will take for us to raise our own food out there.

Wow!  I was going to say we're about half that for a family of 4, but then I remembered the 1/2 grass fed cow, 1/2 grass fed pig, ton of pastured chickens and case of wild caught salmon in my freezer.  We may be up there with you!  Scary.  I think I'll go back to not knowing. :P

I'm considering moving on to an aip30 after this one too... After a day off for my birthday.

I haven't weighed but I think I gained 3-4kgs on my whole100 breaking my junk food addiction so this whole30 is about excluding coffee and coconut and not snacking on dried fruit and nuts... Hope it works!

We spend almost that much. And it's killing our budget. What you are saying makes total sense.

Jen, I wish we could do big buys of whole animals like that! The first thing I'm doing when we finally move out of the city is buying a giant freezer.

To save money I bought 4lbs of butter for $9 (less than I pay for a jar of ghee) to clarify myself. I know we are supposed to have grassfed ghee, but I'm prioritizing stress management- finances are a big part of that. I am also having a hard time discarding all the meat fats (conventional) and then adding imported (and pricey!) coconut oil. Coconut milk and coconut amigos are out on this new budget too. We are going very basic. I can geta good price for grassfed (but not finished) beef and will continue to get that- its the only ground meat I trust. Nourishing Traditions Sally Fallon says you are better off eating skin and fat and bones of factory animals than not having those vital components and I'm trusting her advice on this too. My husband is leery, but going along with it. During his 6 month travel season he is often in very small towns with only a Walmart (if he's lucky) and he has done fine eating that quality for a week at a time. Quite an experiment!

We are so lucky here to have so much and such high quality pasture, the standard supermarket meat is grass fed and the grain fed meat is the specialty expensive stuff! The big 2 supermarkets are labelling all their meats now to show this also. Eggs are mainly free range too except for the bulk cheap trays

I'm totally having SWYPO right now! I'm gonna roll with it but let me just say when you make your BP coffee it may be best to not also add 2 dates, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla beans to your blender as well. I know I just faked sugar and that's naught and so not the point. I'm gonna drink this today but tomorrow I will do it right and just use the clarified butter. But Postw30 this could totally keep me a way from syrupy coffeehouse madness.

• Moderators

I must admit I've fallen in love with BP coffee, too, though I've found a way to keep it from being sweet (slippery, slippery slope for me) and make it uber delicious: to a cup of pour-over coffee, add 1 T grass-fed ghee or butter, 1 T MCT oil, 1/4 oz cacao butter, pinch of cardamom (ayurveda says it helps balance what's bad in coffee), dash of cinnamon and 1/4-1/2 teaspoon organic cocoa powder and whir it up. Not sweet, but rich and satisfying. SWYPO? AIP? I don't care. I love that I look forward to starting my day this way.

I'm totally having SWYPO right now! I'm gonna roll with it but let me just say when you make your BP coffee it may be best to not also add 2 dates, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla beans to your blender as well. I know I just faked sugar and that's naught and so not the point. I'm gonna drink this today but tomorrow I will do it right and just use the clarified butter. But Postw30 this could totally keep me a way from syrupy coffeehouse madness.

-------------------------------------------------

Ok - that sounds good!

post-14185-13704843161759_thumb.jpg

Packed myself a beautiful lunch to work then realized the leftover from two nights ago on my salad has butter on it. Oh well, my INTENTIONS were w30 compliant so....Day 2!

Tapatalk is frakked, but I think it's an issue with the site. Whenever I try to edit my posts I get a domain error. Making me mental. I have to keep the site up on Safari so I can do my editing.

I needed a pickmeup today. Some $10 consignment store mauve Gap skinny boyfriend jeans in a size up did just the trick!!

Skinny boyfriend jeans?! I need these! And the colour is adorable.

post-14185-13705669210111_thumb.jpg

Came home for lunch to eat my other piece of leftover breakfast fish and green beans and had like 5 min to throw this pork roast in the oven with a halved acorn squash, baby carrots and ground sage on top. 285 for 4 hours or so, and voila it was dinner. And lots of leftover meat!

Also on my lunch I went to the natural beef store and inquired (again, the owner this time) about how the meat is raised. Due to the draughts and lack of pasture the cattle are supplemented with grains- millet mostly- no corn, no soy, no gmos and also no drugs or additives in processing. So while its not the ideal grassfed, it is local and affordable. She is also sourcing a pastured chicken supplemented in the same manner. I bought 10 lbs of ground meat and 2 whole chickens for $40, and I asked if they ever had any fat available and she went into the freezer and got some special for me. They don't have prices for it so she gave it to me for free and said I could have it whenever. Score!

Archived